Java Web Services -Senior Software Engineer
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).
Job SummaryResponsible for planning and designing new software and web applications. Analyzes, tests and assists with the integration of new applications. Oversees the documentation of all development activity. Trains non-technical personnel. Assists with tracking performance metrics. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Designs, develops, and implements Java web services to support business requirements.
- Follows approved life cycle methodologies, creates design documents, and document processes. Develops basic and detailed program specifications.
- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, maintains, and modifies computer programs of high complexity, significance, and risk
- Resolves technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- Contribute to the Design and develop high quality software for large scale Java distributed systems
- Perform unit and system testing of application code as well as execution of implementation activities.
- Analyze business requirements, and create technical design documents that are in accordance with the company’s architecture standards.
- Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved.
- Performs and/or leads design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solution.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of the business needs driving the projects.
- Prior experience of handling production incident for large scale systems. Ability to understand the large scale systems, understand the infrastructure architecture - route the traffic to handle an outage.
- Must be proficient in any facet of the DevOps system - like monitoring tools, alert systems, logging framework, deployment pipeline. Play DevOps, not just developer.
- Prior Comcast experience is a plus
- Java (in-depth), Spring Framework, SOAP/RESTful services/GraphQL Cloud Foundry (PaaS), AWS
- Webservices tool set - SOAP UI, Postman (or any REST clients), GraphiQL
- Java development tool set -Eclipse/IntelliJ, GoCICD(any continuous deployment tool), Gradle/Maven, and Github/SVN.
- Detailed in XML/JSON
- Various scripting like Unix Scripting, CLI, Perl.
- Experience in SQL database
- Experience in LDAP is a plus
- Monitoring Service: App Dynamics/Grafana(any other perf metrics monitoring systems), Nagios(or any other alert systems)
- Logging Service: Splunk, Kibana, Logstash, ElasticSearch(any other logging platform)
- Knowledge of network zones, data centers, storage, topology, GSLB, API Gateway, HAProxy
- Authentication mechanisms like oauth2.0
- Security protocols like https(cert management), tls
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.