Product Manager, Multifamily
Job SummaryNearly a third of Comcast’s customers live in a multifamily environment, including apartment buildings, condominiums, dormitories, senior living facilities, and more. As the demands of our multifamily residents and property managers grow, we must respond with specific systems, interfaces, and services to meet their needs. The Multifamily Product Manager will supervise the product strategy, design, and development of new solutions coming to the multifamily space. Your responsibilities will be centered on ensuring the product meets the needs of multifamily buildings and property managers, is properly supported for launch and ongoing care, and is scalable from an operations perspective.
The Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next-generation technologies that transform the customer experience.
Reliability Experience and Global Product Operations, led by James Manchester, SVP and Chief Reliability Officer, is responsible for developing and leading the programs that allow us to deliver on our dedication to providing the best, most reliable network, product, and service experiences, as well as a consistent standard of excellence, across our customer base, inclusive of those from Sky and our syndication partners. This group also partners closely with Xfinity Growth, Innovation, and Experience (XGIE), our residential consumer business unit, and the field to develop solutions that allow us to grow market share in unique channels, including multi-dwelling units, retail and higher education campus environments.
About the Role/Team
Nearly a third of Comcast’s customers live in a multifamily environment, including apartment buildings, condominiums, dormitories, senior living facilities, and more. As the demands of our multifamily residents and property managers grow, we must respond with specific systems, interfaces, and services to meet their needs.
The Multifamily Product Manager will supervise the product strategy, design, and development of new solutions coming to the multifamily space. Your responsibilities will be centered on ensuring the product meets the needs of multifamily buildings and property managers, is properly supported for launch and ongoing care, and is scalable from an operations perspective.
- Define the product strategy, product roadmap, and measurements of success.
- Interact with a multi-disciplinary project team using the Agile/Scrum methodology to provide constant feedback throughout the development effort.
- Lead and achieve balance between business, technical, and user requirements while tracking to budget.
- Prioritize issues based on perceived user value, metrics, and release planning, fulfill the product role within the scrum team, own the product backlog, and write user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Lead backlog grooming, sprint planning and product demo sessions, inviting appropriate partners as needed.
- Set, communicate, and keep the team focused on sprint goals.
- Maintain responsibility for the detailed roadmap and release planning.
- Gain and maintain domain expertise in our rapidly evolving industry.
- Lead in the transformation from incubation to enterprise deployment, maintaining both broad and in-depth knowledge of customers and stakeholders.
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders within the Company, including business units, sales leaders, field sales personnel, field installation personnel, and engineering teams.
- Solicit constant feedback from users of the platform, including building owners and property managers.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
Below is our list of preferred qualifications. We know that people with different skills and experiences can be successful in this role as well. For that reason, it is not necessary that you possess all these traits. If you are missing a few, please apply anyway.
- Standards of Integrity - exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics, maintaining the trust and respect of peers.
- High level of accountability – take ownership of problems and see them through to resolution.
- High energy – thrive in a fast-paced, high-rate-of-change setting; ability to balance competing priorities in a very dynamic environment.
- Teamwork – have strong collaboration skills with experience in bringing together cross-functional teams.
- Consensus Builder - have the ability to influence partners with diverse points of view and build consensus.
- Big picture mindset – have the ability to zoom in and out of details and balance both technical and strategic demands.
- Exceptional organizational and program management skills – be able to breakdown and track complex projects, to integrate input from multiple sources, and to identify and track dependencies across projects.
- Domain knowledge – exhibit some knowledge of WiFi, connected home, and the multifamily industry.
- Product management experience – be good at defining and delivering successful products.
- Agile experience – be familiar with and have experience in Agile/Lean Development environments.
- Validate market problems – be able to identify and validate the value of market needs before significant resources are committed to build product.
- Product definition – create clear, detailed, and concise user stories with acceptance criteria to convey concepts and ideas to the cross functional Agile team.
- Roadmaps and Releases –manage release plans and roadmaps to convey delivery plans to all stakeholders.
About Our Perks & Benefits:
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated!
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
Learn more at [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.