VP, Marketing Communications & Brand Strategy
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Job SummaryThe Vice President of Marketing Communications is responsible for Comcast Business’ strategic brand and acquisition marketing communications to grow the brand and drive demand for the Small Business, Mid-Market, Enterprise, and Public Sector segments. Primary areas of oversight include - brand strategy and planning, brand and demand generation advertising, direct marketing, sponsorship and event programs, industry analyst and influencer strategy, thought leadership content development, and media strategy and investment influencing. This role is a critical leadership position to drive growth for the Company, partner with key business units, inspire employees through our brand amplification, and rally the organization to be the leader in connectivity and global secure networking.
- Position and differentiate the CB brand and products, driving awareness, consideration, and preference in a highly competitive environment
- Develop and activate break-through, integrated campaigns, partnerships and media platforms that elevates the brand and accelerates the business across all segments
- Lead the annual and long-range brand planning considering marketplace factors and CB’s growth plan
- In partnership with the Commercial Marketing and Division teams, lead the annual and quarterly plan of record setting including message priorities for both brand and demand generation media windows
- Partner with Product Marketing to define breakthrough product positioning, messaging, claims and 3rd party endorsements
- Manage and oversee sponsorships and events inclusive of the strategy, activation, and amplification
- Lead the industry analyst and influencer relationships ensuring CB is top-of-mind and well positioned
- Lead the development of thought leadership content and activations tied to the segment and vertical objectives
- Partner with the Research team to shape the Brand health and Advertising efficacy measurement, and garner relevant insights across key segments through custom studies
- Steward a holistic media planning approach by partnering with media teams to optimize and align media spend by segment and garner the best ROI
- Support the key channels to cascade brand, product & promotional messaging
- Oversee the verbal messaging and visual identity ensuring a consistent brand voice and identity across all touchpoints
- Drive brand advocacy, alignment and amplification within Comcast Business and other relevant business units across Comcast
- In partnership with key teams, leverage the convergence of technology, data, content and communications to drive more effective media and direct marketing performance
- Deep understanding of the competitive landscape and competitors’ positioning and messaging
- Optimize ROI with cutting edge one-to-one communications across the business consumer lifecycle
- Innovate in digital, direct mail, email, social media
- Manage multiple external agencies to deliver world-class communications
- Effectively manage a large, multi-faceted budget
Professional Experience & Qualifications:
- The successful candidate will be a seasoned professional with demonstrated success leading marketing professionals in the technology and communications sector
- Extensive experience leading and executing breakthrough creative marketing, advertising and communications strategies and campaigns – needs to be a skilled practitioner
- Proven ability developing strong cultures with a servant leadership mindset
- Highly skilled in influencing, collaborating, and driving large, complex efforts across a matrixed organization
- Experience interfacing with senior management and building strong executive relationships
- Capable of persuasive, compelling communications to “sell” a strategy and execution plan internally - ability to influence and engage leadership, direct and indirect reports, and peers
- Experience leading and inspiring large, diverse teams / strong personnel / leadership development ability
- Excellent writing and verbal communications skills, with a strong executive presence and adept listening skills
- Passion for being a “hands-on, roll-up-the sleeves” leader supporting the team and advancing the business, every day
- Innovative thinker, with a track record for translating strategic thinking into action
- Strong dual abilities with analytical and creative thinking
- Self-reliant, problem-solver and results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritization ability, handle pressure and meet deadlines
- Rigorous budget management skills
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Advanced degree in related field preferred.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
15 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.