Principal Cloud Python Developer
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).
Job SummaryCustomer Experience Technologies (CXT) is responsible for the technology, systems and tools that support the customer lifecycle (sales, activation, billing, support, etc.), as well as employee-facing teams such as human resources, finance, and workplace information technology. These tools and systems are foundational to our ability to meet and exceed customer expectations and support an excellent employee experience.
The Comcast Marketing Technology engineering team is responsible for developing, integrating and operating the capabilities marketing uses to engage in Direct Mail, Email, SMS and many other critical channels. Developers will participate in design, planning, development, release, monitoring and overall delivery of our web, mobile and application deliverables. The developer will be challenged to build new features and experiences that support millions of business & customer interactions each day while meeting the highest standards of availability, stability and performance. The right candidate will be outspoken and work to bring people together to help solve complex problems with an iterative approach!
- Develop and update RESTful APIs, serverless functions and associated libraries / classes and data sources
- Participate fully in agile software development team and rituals including:
- Actively participate in all ceremonies, review user stories, participate in planning sessions, estimate effort for stories / tasks, etc.
- Ensure all deliverables comply with the latest industry standards & best practices for code structure, quality, organization, performance, and security
- Support software releases end-to-end (E2E) including monitoring and defect resolution when needed
- Perform peer code review and participate in team code reviews
- Collaborate with the engineering to launch new features.
- Build-out our modern web architecture to enable us to more quickly ship new features into production at scale
- Own the deployment process, release early, release quickly, iterate and improve the product
- Provides guidance to the Software Engineering team and other departments in identifying product and technical requirements.
- Ensures projects are envisioned, designed, developed, and implemented following industry best practices.
- Ensures that application and data security are incorporated into the design and development of each component.
- Over 8+ years in the IT industry
- 2+ years of experience in application design and a strong familiarity with design patterns; building high-traffic, enterprise applications; a modern development environment and shipping proven product
- 1+ years development and integration of RESTful Services, Cloud technologies (AWS a plus)
- Strong Python, Pandas, and Data Science experience is a plus
- Worked in environments that fully embrace the Agile (SCURM) methodology and DevOps model
- Experience working on an enterprise scale web application
- Familiarity with continuous delivery (CI/CD) tools and understanding of test automation
- Experience in Availability, Capacity, Disaster Recovery planning
- Administered, maintained, developed and implemented policies and procedures to ensure security and enterprise-wide data integrity
- Knowledge of Cable/Telecom and/or Marketing & Sales domains is a bonus
- Ability to communicate technical details to wide variety of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail in an environment that requires regular evaluation and negotiation of priorities
- Superb skills in emotional intelligence, influencing, and persuasion with individual and group members.
- Great speaking, writing, collaboration, and follow-up skills.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills – the ability to interact with both internal and external stakeholders
About Our Perks & Benefits
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
Learn more at [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.