Director, App Ecosystem, Consumer Entertainment
Job SummaryResponsible for defining business requirements, overseeing product delivery and driving business results for Xumo, our next generation entertainment platform. This role has a focus on back office technology and platforms which shape the end consumer’s end to end experience on Xumo TV and Xumo Stream Box across retail and operator distribution channels.
- Sets and evolves product strategy for the Xumo product line.
- Applies expertise in state-of-the-art product technologies and is relied on by top management to serve as a proxy for the market.
- Defines, develops and implements standard operational frameworks for products.
- Coordinates with sales, marketing and research to assess client and industry needs and identifies possible solutions to meet those needs.
- Develops business cases and supporting documentation.
- Partners with product delivery to ensure customer's needs are met. Provides product support and documentation and develops of product materials.
- Manages lifecycle of new products and services.
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills, with a proven track record of successful delivery of projects on time, in line with budget expectations and to strategy.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 8-10 years in product management or equivalent
- Ability to operate at multiple levels, from high level business strategy to tactical requirements
- Experience and/or fluency with business requirement analysis and partnering with delivery teams for back office systems and B2B integrations in one more of the following areas: authentication and identity management, billing, customer support, service provisioning, ecommerce, analytics
- Proven track record of delivering the back office systems and services that power seamless customer experiences and drive positive business outcomes
- Superior strategic, analytical and problem solving skills, capable of clearly communicating a long-term vision across the company and executive stakeholders
- Natural collaborator, with excellent communication skills and strong executive presence
- MBA a plus but not required; most important is the ability to match business drivers and needs to products and technologies that meet those needs
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.