Sales Engineer 4, Technical Product Sales Support
Job SummaryResponsible for providing subject matter expertise on the design and implementation of complex data network and voice solutions for business class customers across a national footprint. Works as a collaborative member of the sales team to market and sell the Company's product lines. Provides insight to customers on current network solutions. Works closely with account executives on presentations and the technical design of new sales. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
- Provide timely, technical support and problem resolution for field service questions on a national level.
- Assist the Account Management Team and Sales leadership in the development of the overall business strategy to acquire new customers. Contributes to costing and pricing of a solution.
- Assist in generating new business and ensure growth of existing accounts.
- Design solutions for the customer that meets their business applications, as well as assures protected circuit design, disaster recovery situations and appropriate bandwidth for future growth.
- Translate complex technical design requirements into information that customers can understand and respond to.
- Serve as a national technical expert to review RFP responses for content and accuracy before they are submitted.
- Provide technical support for National events and technical trade shows.
- Participate in technology transfer training activities in the Sales Engineering group as new technologies are introduced across the Comcast Business product line.
- Develop, deliver and run effective presentations, meetings, client interviews and facilitate a group workshop.
- Work with Comcast Business Network Engineering, Product Engineering, Product and the national engineering organization to acquire an intimate knowledge of all Comcast Business products concepts, process and procedures.
- Keep up to date on technological and market evolution as well as competitors' activities.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.