Sr. Analyst, Data Management
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummaryComcast shapes the future at the intersection of media and technology. We create world-class experiences that people love and trust and drive innovation that builds value. We bring millions TV, Internet, entertainment, sports and news, communications and home management, theme parks, television and movies. Comcast brings to life the best of what's to come. Summary The Data Management team’s focus is to provide uniform access to and transparency for Comcast data assets. Our goal is to enable business team to make decisions that drive profitable growth. Sales & Growth data related to the Comcast is a key data subject area. This role will be responsible for ownership, as a subject matter expert, of this data for Comcast and its digital and customer experience partners, assisting in projects focusing on data quality, hardening and stabilization resulting in our data products.
- Interpret Sales and Care data for Comcast data partners in clear, concise terms
- Lead UAT and data profiling for all releases, new projects and data ingests
- Lead the creation and support of business intelligence processes
- Lead in providing answers and detailed information regarding questions about Sales and Care related data
- Partner with Engineering to create and monitor checks and alerts on Sales and Care data
- Support standardization efforts to reference for analysis and project deliverables
- Create and maintain detailed documentation including data lineage through data ingestion to ensure fully transparent communication
- Collaborate with cross functional teams – Data Architecture, DevOps and Reporting to deliver successful projects
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in Data
- Following knowledge and experience as noted
- Experience writing basic and complex SQL queries, minimum 5 years
- Experience working with relational databases, preferably Teradata
- Good Knowledge of Data Warehousing and relational modeling concepts
- Hadoop or big data environment equivalent - preferred
- Experience building data marts and dimension/fact tables a plus
- Deep interest and aptitude in data, metrics, analysis that incite action
- Experience in product management and product performance measurement
- Ability to analyze data and work independently
- Interpersonal and diplomatic skills with the ability to effectively communicate with various functional areas, including Engineering and Business Stakeholders
Examples of the challenges you might solve in your new role
Conduct proof of concept engineering and development to enhance and answer data consumer needs
Partner with product and thought leaders on ways to understand subscriber engagement with digital products
Assist advanced engineering teams with testing, quality assurance and project delivery
Employees at all levels are expected to:
Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
Drive results and growth.
Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.