Senior Data Analyst
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummarySenior Analyst, Data Intelligence and Delivery – Comcast Global Audit Primary Responsibilities: Senior Analysts are at the forefront of Comcast Global Audit (CGA) initiatives using data to identify risks and generate insights for the internal audit organization. As a part of our data projects and audit engagements, Senior Analysts will be responsible for ensuring that we deliver high-quality, accurate and impactful data to stakeholders, developing proactive and continuous data monitoring processes, and identifying opportunities for process improvement within the data intelligence and engineering space. In this role you will gain broad data and operations exposure to Comcast Corporation through the audit process.
What You Deliver
- Extracts, analyzes, transforms, and visualizes data from disparate sources to support the audit lifecycle all while ensuring its accuracy and cohesiveness.
- Grasps advanced SQL concepts and demonstrates experience both developing and troubleshooting complex, multi-layered SQL queries, functions, and stored procedures.
- Provides diverse technical expertise in myriad data platforms including visualization tools (Tableau, Power BI, Looker) and programming languages including (Python, R, Spark).
- Discusses data requirements and objectives with other CGA team members and provides recommendations on potential deliverables and enhancements to existing ones.
- Analyzes data as input for auditors to determine whether businesses are conducting and monitoring operations in accordance with established Comcast policies/procedures, best practices, and governmental and legal requirements.
- Applies analytical models (e.g., regression, simulation, statistical) to audit scope areas to identify outliers, trends and/or projections, where appropriate.
- Has experience with cloud environments such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Creates graphical reports and executive presentations to effectively summarize and interpret data.
- Partners with the requirements team to develop technical designs to support use cases including assessing feasibility and estimating development efforts.
- Prepares clear and well-organized documentation on new development efforts and assists the team with updating and improving existing documentation, as required.
- Delivers on project tasks and assists with the development of project plans and timelines.
- Assists less experienced team members in understanding and executing day-to-day activities.
- Follows Comcast policies regarding data security in classification, handling, storage, and transmission.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement to team activities, tools, training, and documentation.
- Identifies audit scope areas that can be automated or repeated through data analytics and works with leadership to schedule/implement.
- Supports department objectives and performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
How You Deliver
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly grasp complex subject matter and apply analytical skills and business knowledge to assessing processes, risks, and controls.
- Stays current on data analytics trends (e.g., new tools, statistical methods, visualization techniques) as well as emerging technologies that impact how data is used on audits (e.g., AI, Blockchain).
- Works with discretion regarding work details on assignments of a varied and difficult nature.
- Utilizes critical thinking, individual initiative, and flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- Exhibits willingness to tackle new areas and challenging topics.
- Showcases the ability to work in a complex, dynamic, and fast-paced environment.
- Acts in accordance with stated CGA and company policies and practices and maintains the highest degree of integrity in all activities and interactions.
- Displays regular, consistent, and punctual attendance based on the latest company guidance on remote and in-office work.
How You Partner
- Exhibits strong people skills including written and verbal communications, and an ability to collaborate with others.
- Respects all team members, clients, and business partners in all interactions.
- Shows a willingness to assist other team members in areas outside of direct assignments.
- Collaborates in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members in various locations.
- Educates audit team members on data analytics techniques through daily interactions.
How You Develop
- Exhibits a commitment to continuously self-improve by working with leadership to leverage strengths and focus on areas of development.
- Gains knowledge of financial controls, IT controls, and cybersecurity concepts.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.