CCIP: Retail Sales Intern
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummaryProgram Overview: June 12th, 2023- Aug 17th, 2023 Are you an innovative, forward-thinker who would like to make an impact within the telecommunications industry? Comcast’s West Division is seeking dynamic, self-motivated interns who have a strong passion to drive the age of innovation during an immersive summer experience with us! Our paid 10-week program gives interns hands-on experience working with various groups across multiple office locations within Comcast’s West Division. As a member of the team, you will gain invaluable knowledge of the industry, be a part of our diverse and welcoming culture, and receive exposure to other areas of the business.
Additionally, your experience will include:
Engagement: Working on creative, innovative, and thought-provoking projects within various business units at Comcast during your internship experience.
Exposure: An inside look into the day-to-day operations of an organization at the cutting edge of media and technology.
Professional Development: Exposure to a variety of professional development topics facilitated by various partners and senior leaders within the organization. These sessions include speaker series, skill-building workshops, panels and networking opportunities.
Career Opportunity: This full-time internship with Comcast gives you the opportunity to move into a full-time career with a Fortune 20 company post-graduation. (Offers are not guaranteed and based on performance and profile match)
Fun: Continuously develop relationships with fellow interns through social activities, community building, and networking
As a Comcast intern, you can expect to go from class to real-life business situations within your discipline as you assist with the day-to-day operations of a Fortune 500 media and technology company. You will gain exposure to business leaders and functions while you develop your business acumen. These internship opportunities will be focused on helping to execute on significant projects within the business and will require exceptional organizational skills. This role is an exciting opportunity in a fast-paced environment that requires a 'customer-first' orientation to succeed.
At the conclusion of your internship, you may be considered for full-time employment to commence upon successful completion of your degree program.
The Retail Sales Intern will observe and shadow Assistant Store Managers with the potential to participate in the following activities:
- Provide leadership, guidance, coaching and motivation to the retail sales team to deliver a superior customer experience and achieve desired sales results.
- Foster employee professional development and partner with other store leaders to create an inclusive culture of recognition, transparent communication, and growth.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of company products and services, as well as best practices as they relate to sales processes, store schedules and customer engagement.
- Ensure that all inventory requirements are carried out effectively, including stocking, returning, and organizing and securing.
- Graduation date between December 2023 and May 2024
- Currently pursuing an associate’s or a bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university
- Authorized to work in the United States of America and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future
- Strong interest in the technology, telecommunications, cable, and media industries
- Ability to work independently and in group settings
- Ability to relocate post-graduation if offered and accepted a fulltime position
Additional Job Requirements:
- This intern position is based in a retail store providing excellence customer service. The intern will participate in the programmatic components of the internship virtually with other West Division interns.
Prior business and leadership exposure through internships, work experiences or campus organizations is preferred
- Regular, Consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $19.00
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.