Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummaryParticipate as active members of the engagement team throughout each phase (i.e., planning, execution, and reporting). With our standard engagement cadence, the individual in this role will gain broad exposure to our businesses and technologies. Work collaboratively and independently to conduct audits across company technologies (e.g., physical, network, application, system, data). Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
What You Deliver
- Executes aspects of the standard internal audit process, which includes the three phases of planning, execution and reporting out to business management.
- Performs thorough inquiry and data analysis to understand security and technology operations, and assist in developing project scope.
- Contributes to overall planning efforts for engagement timeline and approach.
- Examines records, documents, methods, policies, costs, and other factors to determine if areas are conducting operations in accordance with established policies/procedures, best practices, information security frameworks, Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology controls, and governmental and legal requirements.
- Applies appropriate audit procedures to the areas reviewed to ensure that controls are tested and all significant risks are addressed.
- Prepares clear and well-organized audit work papers documenting root-cause, work performed, investigation summaries, and recommendations.
- Formulates appropriate conclusions and clearly documents findings based on testing results. Combines knowledge of Company operations with testing results to determine control effectiveness.
- Identifies audit findings and considers corrective actions.
- Identifies opportunities for improvement to audit methodology, tools, and training.
- Supports department objectives and performs other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
How You Deliver
- Conducts audit activities with both internal and external customers in mind when identifying control issues.
- Stays current on relevant business risks (e.g., current events, audit trends, emerging technologies, cyber security, etc.).
- Utilizes creative thinking, individual initiative, and flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks.
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a complex, dynamic, diverse, and fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates ownership for assigned activities and is accountable for completing activities and/or requesting assistance as needed.
- Acts in accordance with stated internal audit and company policies and practices, and maintains the highest degree of integrity in all activities and interactions.
- Displays regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), as necessary.
How You Partner
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communications, and an ability to collaborate with others.
- Shows respect to other team members and clients in all interactions.
- Demonstrates a willingness to assist other team members in areas outside of direct assignments, when necessary.
- Collaborates in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members in various locations. However, the employee must be available for extended hours, as needed, and be willing to travel with little notice on occasion.
How You Develop
- Exhibits a commitment to continuously self-improve by working with leadership to leverage strengths and focus on areas of development.
- Gains knowledge of basic data analytics and cyber security concepts and stays up to date on new and emerging technologies and risks
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.