Application Support Specialist
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).
Job SummaryResponsible for support of the Comcast Spectacor Enterprise Applications. Facilitates the software review process prior to implementation. Partners with various technology teams and business leads in planning, implementation, support, and governance activities throughout the application life cycle.
What You'll Do:
- Facilitates with review, planning, implementation, and enhancement of Enterprise Applications.
- Assists with system integrations with a specific focus on Single Sign On (SSO) and application connectors.
- Analyzes problems, identifies the application area with the issues and participates in resolving and documenting them.
- Partners with Comcast Spectacor department leads throughout the life cycle of application management to ensure all governance activities are completed and documented.
- Assists in the analysis of business and user needs, documents requirements and revises existing system logic.
- Develops and maintains System and Process flow diagrams.
- Supports the testing team and business users in validating that the programs meet the requirements. Participates in unit, integration, and test procedures.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What You'll Bring:
- Proficient Excel knowledge with experience comparing systems and generating reports
- Outstanding time management skills
- Ability to take minimal direction and accomplish tasks in a timely manner
- Application support and documentation experience
- Windows 10 knowledge is preferred
- NetSuite experience would be a plus
- Concur experience would be a plus
Employees at all levels are encouraged to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Be responsible for the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them detailed digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth!
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity!
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.