Sr. DevOps Engineer
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).
Job SummaryComcast’s television metadata platform is looking for a stellar DevOps-minded Engineer. You’re a great fit if you have passion to independently dig deep into problem solving with cutting-edge technology, love to own the projects you work on, and are a team- player with excellent communication skills
- Engineering and supporting Hybrid cloud environments.
- Build and manage CI/CD pipelines to deploy applications and
- Manage/Deploy/Monitor applications wrapped in containers and
- Collaborating with developers to help enhance the reliability and
- performance of the applications.
- Tracking and evaluating performance metrics.
- Detailed technical documentation of all operations activity.
- Use automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
- Required to be part of "on call" schedule.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent with 5+
- years professional experience.
- Experience with a major cloud provider, such as AWS.
- Experience with any one of these programming languages:
- Linux system administration experience.
- Familiar with container tech stack and experienced on
- Experience with configuration management and automation tools
- like Ansible and Terraform.
- Hands-on experience of using CI/CD tools such as
- Experience with monitoring systems such as Prometheus,
- Grafana, Splunk, or the ELK Stack.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.