Senior Technical Program Manager
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).
Job Summary**Comcast is working is a hybrid.** Responsible for the technical program management activities and alignment for strategic programs, coordinating among a wide range of cross-functional internal and external resources to ensure that programs are within the scope, within budget and on schedule, with guidance from senior staff member(s). Serve as the program lead for specific, defined multi-discipline technical programs or projects of greater than average complexity and scope. Responsible and accountable in the planning, development and delivery of new technical programs. Acts as a technical expert in own area within the organization. May work independently or as part of a team on more complex projects. Provides mentoring and guidance to more junior team members. May be responsible for leading a team but does not directly manage people.
- 8+ years experience
- Understands the scope of technical programs as defined by the product and business requirements and the budget process. Participates in the key planning of milestones. Uses specific knowledge about one or more technical areas to research, plan, communicate and achieve objectives through program/project team.
- Identifies, confirms and obtains participation from required cross-functional teams. Ensures team clearly understands roles and responsibilities for the duration of the program.
- Creates and builds program plans and program record. Works with the core team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfill program scope, including identification and management of critical path tasks. Identifies and manages program critical paths.
- Identifies goals and successes criteria, drives the development and implementation of key goals, objectives and successes criteria for the program with key stakeholders and core team. Raises conflicts and resolves with the appropriate level of management engagement to build consensus. Obtains and assigns resources to the program plan. Recommends changes to improve the engineering process and to alleviate process inaccuracy and duplication.
- Determines the cost and budget; performs resource forecasting.
- Analyzes areas of risk to avoid risky activities by identifying and managing critical paths and risk areas. Establishes contingency plans and identifies trigger events and assumes responsibility for initiation corrective actions.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all stakeholders informed of progress and issues. Identifies and manages proposed changes to program parameters and works with managers to ensure appropriate processes and communications are followed. Work is evaluated upon completion to ensure objectives have been met. Contributes to the development of organization's goals and objectives.
- Monitors and ensures quality of program deliverables. Leads core technical team and key field resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies and tools to support the implementation of programs in the field through trials and controlled customer deployments.
- Consistent exercise of independent and collaborative judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.