Construction Specialist 2 (Analyst)
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummaryResponsible for tracking job progress, utilizing P2 and Quickbase programs for Genesis Project. Utilizing spreadsheets, tracking tables and other data templates to monitor estimates, invoicing, permits, timelines for work completed by business partners and in house teams. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge, with continued training to learn new platforms within the Operations Support Team. *Please note this position can be based out of Oak Brooke, IL or Merrillville, IN
- Responsible for scheduling/verifying production (construction and activation)
- Investigates and monitors accurate record keeping with regards to project start, milestone dates, production logs, material costs, and labor expenditures.
- Understands and follows SLAs for ticketing and notifications of CM tickets, NDS, and MWF processes
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly financial and invoice audits
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with coordination of projects.
- Ensure the execution of P2 duties such as -Tasks are assigned, accepted, completed and approved, daily reports are completed by BP, Build estimates, build projects, create reporting in P2, invoice accuracy and performs the first stage of approval.
- Applies for and acquires permits and/or easements for new building, maintenance, pole relocation and drops for state, county, or private roads
- Coordinates all phases of construction projects including pre-construction meetings, site surveys, permit and license applications, make-ready, design and documentation, material procurement, contract labor requirements, and plant activation.
- Meets and interacts with Government/Town officials and representatives from Utilities, Contractors, outside agencies, consultants and internal business partners.
- Reviews cost estimates for a project, monitors job costs, evaluates change orders and controls the cost of work in progress to budget.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Ability to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them flawless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.