Eng 2, Advanced Product Installation
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummaryResponsible for designing, testing and turning up circuits in all regions of the CDV and/or Commercial Services network on the Test & Turn Up team. Resolves all first contact issues and escalations in an organized and timely fashion and escalates issues exceeding scope of expertise in a timely manner, as needed. Troubleshoots and provides resolutions according to established practices and procedures. Provides project management and status updates. Contributes on cross-functional teams, as required. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Designs internal circuits and oversees CDV demark to switch. Includes port assignments both in databases and in the physical network elements.
- Tests and turns up new circuits in a production CDV and/or Commercial environment, according to Comcast practices. Follows established practices and procedures.
- Interfaces with commercial customers in regards to commercial product offerings. Troubleshoots issues, providing resolutions according to established practices and procedures.
- Coordinates and resolves service issues with providers and vendors to ensure accurate and timely implementation of new trunk groups and augments to existing trunk groups.
- Coordinates and implements new features, technologies, upgrades and patches in the production environment with respect to circuit design, turn up and test.
- Escalates issues in a timely fashion. Provides all relevant information, accurately entering information into database.
- Opens and updates service tickets in database/tracking system.
- Follows procedures to maintain service Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) within regional or contractual standards.
- Provides knowledge and guidance to junior team members.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.