Sr. Technical Program Manager, Developer Experience
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).
Job SummaryThe DevX Strategy Team is seeking a talented Sr. Technical Program Manager with a passion for improving developer experience. In this role, you'll lead cross-functional projects for our DevX Strategy team, as well as with engineering teams across the company. Our team is focused on Software Engineering Architecture, Open Source, and upskilling through the Comcast Dojo. You'll work closely with high-level team members across TPX and have an opportunity to deliver a real impact for our team and the company.
Who we are:
- DevX Strategy is a group of Architects, Open-source experts, and
- We’re passionate about discovering what our engineering teams in TPX need to do the best work of their lives, and then bringing it to them
- Our work is highly collaborative, across all levels of the company
- We value new insights, building plans together, and then crisply executing against them
- Highly committed to inclusion and diversity, we act regularly to enhance them both every day
What you’ll do:
- Build and run cross-functional projects from start to finish, ensuring on-time delivery, great communications, and excellent quality
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, including engineering teams and leaders inside and outside DevX
- Identify and manage project risks, dependencies, and trade-offs
- Collaborate with teams to define project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Facilitate communication and decision-making across teams and stakeholders
- Ensure projects align with company-wide goals and initiatives
- Monitor and report on project progress, budgets, and resources
- Participate in roadmap planning for DevX Strategy, including alignment with the other teams in DevX
- Prioritize and enable key team-wide initiatives, like eNPS, all staff meetings, and quarterly planning efforts
- 7+ years of experience with large programs in a software engineering environment
- Excellent project management skills and familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Strong communication, collaboration, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of business operations and financial management
- If you're a passionate and experienced Technical Program Manager, ready to make a big impact in a dynamic environment, we'd love to hear from you!
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.