Technician 1, Installation & Service - Residential Services - $1500 Sign On Bonus(subject to terms and exclusions), Courtesy TV
Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Job SummaryResponsible for demonstrating a sufficient aptitude for acquiring the skills and knowledge involved in the competent performance of the tasks relating to broadband installation and troubleshooting activities. Functions in an entry-level, trainee position with an increasing degree of proficiency and decreasing degree of supervision with regard to those skills and tasks for which training and instruction are received during tenure in this position. Completes written and field assessments, meeting/exceeding employee standards and supervisor approval will be used to determine advancement to the next level. Continued employment is contingent upon achieving required training, certifications and safety requirements. Works on straight forward tasks using established procedures.
- Performs installations and changes of service, while adhering to: applicable codes, requirements, guidelines, company procedures and safe work practices in order to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Updates customer account to ensure an accurate record of products and services is captured to ensure that customer has a positive experience throughout the ongoing customer relationship.
- Through the use of sound judgement and decision making, troubleshoots and problem solves customer inquiries and concerns to ensure products and services are working properly to drive a positive customer experience.
- Communicates, engages and provides customer with education on products and services.
- Persists and finishes projects despite obstacles with little supervision, take extra steps to prevent mistakes or create opportunities to further engage customer with our products and services and enhance the ever-evolving customer relationship.
- Displays active listening skills, perceive emotional awareness in difficult situations and empathize with customers to enhance an overall positive experience.
- Uses installation tools and hand tools and perform jobs from high places (on poles and roofs), including climbing poles with proper equipment (safety belt, strap, climbers), ladders and bucket trucks (18 to 26 feet).
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners, wire and uses hand tools.
- Lifts and carries loads of 70 lbs. or more, works in confined spaces such as crawl spaces or attics, works while standing 50 -70% of the time and performs work near power lines and electricity.
- Works within manufacturer's rated weight capacity for all equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
- Through the use of Company vehicle maintains proper equipment in order to be prepared to perform required duties. Drives company vehicle in performance of duties in a safe and responsible manner with appropriate state licensing requirements while working and traveling in inclement weather.
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and able to manipulate objects such as pens, keyboard and mouse.
- Normal work shift may include weekends; may include 10 hour days for 4 days a week and available to work overtime including weekends, evenings and holidays.
- Works in areas with exposure to moderate noise level, dogs or other animals, construction areas, or the public in general.
- Training will be provided in areas of safety, company specific training, installations and other areas as necessary.
- Continued employment is contingent upon achieving required training, certifications and safety requirements.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
High School Diploma / GED
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $17.50
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.