Comcast Cybersecurity: Technical Program Manager 4
Comcast’s Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. Because our employees are our most valuable asset, we offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia).
Job Summary• The Cloud Security program ensures the security of Comcast’s public and private cloud platforms. Through driving maturity, managing risk, defining security policies, deploying tools, or enforcing cloud governance, the team works proactively and collaboratively with stakeholders within Comcast CyberSecurity (CCS) organization, TPX, and beyond to provide cloud security best practices and governance for Comcast application teams operating in the cloud. • This role will drive strategic and tactical aspects of the Cloud Security program. A Senior Technical Program Manager is expected to bring expert-level experience in program management skills and best-practices to lead the program.
- Drives collaboration and planning sessions for initiatives with senior stakeholders such as product owners, platform architects, and other technical leaders.
- Facilitates quarterly planning and goals within the Cloud Security and Product Security & Privacy team. A key player in defining strategic program goals.
- Coordinates scoping and review activities for quarterly goals and works with the core team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfill program goals, including initiation and management of backlog items.
- Understands the scope of technical initiatives as defined by the program and implements key planning of roadmaps and milestones. Uses specific knowledge about one or more technical areas to research, plan, communicate and achieve objectives through the program team.
- Identifies, confirms, and obtains participation from required cross-functional resources. Works with the other team members and initiatives effectively.
- Creates program plans and maintains program record, metrics, and progress updates.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and task details included in the program plan. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and adjusts to meet plan objectives.
- Assists in action item resolution and track completion. Ensures program milestones are accomplished and ensures overall timelines are met.
- Responsible for the development, proper documentation, and definition of key goals, objectives, and success criteria for the program.
- Documents all major plan changes in scope, approach, and date delivery.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all stakeholders informed of progress and issues. Manages proposed changes to program initiatives and works with CCS and TPX program managers and teams to ensure appropriate processes and communications are followed.
- Monitors and ensures quality of program deliverables including but not limited to strategy decks, process definition flows, and other artifacts used to communicate complex initiatives/topics to various technical audience and senior leaders.
- Leads team meetings and agendas and prepares executive presentations to communicate accomplishments, challenges, opportunities, and recommended courses of action.
- Manage communications (internal/external) for the team, as assigned.
- Manage the team portal, drives adoption of processes, and ensures team norms reflect the team’s culture.
- Supports the budget and resource forecasting exercise.
- Identifies and analyzes risks and issues.
- Consistent exercise of independent and collaborative judgment and discretion in matters of significance. Self-starter and capable of determining own work priorities that will benefit the program.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.