Program Manager 3
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation's largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services.
Job SummaryResponsible for utilizing solid program management skills and knowledge to lead medium-to-smaller and/or less complex programs. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Understands the scope of programs as defined by the business requirements and budget process. Participates in key planning milestones and acts as a guide for the core program team from initiation through execution and completion.
- Works to identify and obtain participation from required cross-functional core team members, including matrixed project managers, with guidance from Strategic Business Initiative or senior staff.
- Creates program plans and maintains program record. Works with the core team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfill program scope, including identification and management of critical path.
- Advises stakeholders and development teams as a process subject matter expert for your program.
- Partners with development teams to deconstruct technical concepts to ensure the technical design meets the needs of the business.
- Assists in the development and implementation of key goals, objectives and success criteria for the program. Ensures proper documentation.
- Supports the budget and resource forecasting exercise.
- Identifies and analyzes risks and issues.
- Tracks and manages the program schedule and task details included in the program plan. Analyzes the actual performance against the plan and makes adjustments consistent with plan objectives. Works with Strategic Business Initiative to assist in action item resolution and track completion. Ensures program milestones are accomplished and ensures overall timelines are met. Documents all major plan changes in scope, approach and date delivery.
- Communicates updates on major milestones and keeps all stakeholders informed of progress and issues. Manages proposed changes to program parameters and works with Enterprise Program Management and Program Managers to ensure appropriate processes and communications are followed.
- Monitors and ensures quality of program deliverables. Works with core team and key field resources to develop and monitor deployment schedule, strategies and tools to support the implementation of programs in the field through trials and controlled customer deployments.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />