Comcast Cybersecurity: Cloud Security Engineer 3
Comcast's Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. In most cases, Comcast prefers to have employees on-site collaborating unless the team has been designated as virtual due to the nature of their work. If a position is listed with both office locations and virtual offerings, Comcast may be willing to consider candidates who live greater than 100 miles from the office for the remote option.
Job SummaryYou will be responsible for developing security proof of concepts and security solutions supporting Comcast's strategic cloud security vision. You will work closely with strategic cloud security architects and other security and non-security stakeholders to help implement our cloud security technical vision and designs. Additionally, you will assist Comcast by supporting the strategic technical leadership across multiple programs that seek to improve and innovate cloud cyber security capabilities across all aspects of the Comcast brand. You will work closely with other team-members and will be expected to follow standard engineering workflows: user stories, sprints, code reviews, etc. As a core member of the cloud security team, you will make critical contributions to the future direction of the cloud security program.
- Partner with Ops and Product stakeholders to support cloud security tool development and operations in a business / customer experience driven framework.
- Document development efforts through system design flows, data models, and other artifacts
- Perform, document, and automate complex cloud security activities engineering improvements and resolving identified issues
- Create prototypes in a lean / agile manner for new and emerging cloud security technologies
- Act as a key Cloud Security team member designing practical solutions to deliver on Comcast's cloud security vision
- Develop security solution technical requirements and specifications into implementable designs
- Develop, publish, and present leading edge security technical white papers and research projects.
- Present and communicate complex concepts to a variety of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Assist with the rationalization of incumbent and new architectures and technical solutions.
- Facilitate the development of efficacy measures of cyber security programs to convey the overall security posture and maturity of the program
- Specify, develop and conduct security resilience testing and stress testing process assessments and strategy
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What you should possess
- Must have broad technical knowledge of all common security domains.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion
- Must have experience with virtual, elastic, and cloud infrastructure orchestration, management, and API integration frameworks for AWS, Azure, GCP, or VMWare
- Must have experience working with Security DevOps teams to build cloud infrastructure controls and monitoring in a multi-cloud account/user environment
- Must be self-motivated with a passion for security and strive to go above and beyond initial asks to deliver value-added results
- Process and procedure knowledge of governance, compliance, risk management and audit control systems and functions
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />