Eng 2, Critical Infrastructure
Job SummaryResponsible for all aspects of Critical Facility (hub/headend/data center) operations related to critical and non-critical infrastructure, equipment, and systems. Drive continual improvements to the operational excellence of the Critical Facility by adhering to company standards, industry best practices, and solid engineering skills and methodology. Demonstrate a mindset of ongoing learning and development.
- Oversee installation, monitoring, and maintenance of critical and non-critical infrastructure equipment and systems including but not limited to fire protection, generators, automatic transfer switches, inverters, floor and in-rack PDUs, HVAC infrastructure and controls, electrical infrastructure, DC battery plants, and controls/building automation systems.
- Coordinate and oversee facility upgrades and new construction
- Assist in creating and reviewing proposals (RFPs, SOWs, Quotes) for services, installs, and engineering projects.
- Create and review documents including, but not limited to, Method of Procedure (MOPs) and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
- Collaborate with various cross functional teams to achieve successful engineering projects and initiatives.
- Troubleshoot and monitor all critical systems
- Assist with capital budget management
- Maintain consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Skills Preferred :
- Project Management
- Electrical knowledge
College degree is helpful but not required
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $69,535.95 - $104,303.93
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />