Senior Accountant, Customer Operations Accounting
Job SummaryResponsible for preparing calculations and payments for the Company. Maintains work papers for prepaid and accrual accounts, as well as entering monthly journal entries. Assists with the internal and external audit process as needed. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, prioritize tasks, and work independently
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Researches contracts and regulations to determine proper calculations of payments to regulatory authorities.
- Ensures that balance sheets are accurately stated and reconciled to the general ledger. Researches variances, determines root causes and makes recommendations for adjustments.
- Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper backup to substantiate the entry.
- Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results, researching variances to forecast and budget prior month and prior year.
- Prepares financial reports, analyzing data for management review.
- Researches complex accounting data in order to comply with new accounting policy implementation.
- Researches and develops automated Oracle routines such as mass allocations and reoccurring journal entries.
- Researches ways of streamlining and standardizing processes to support the Accounting function.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />