Vice President, Service Assurance
Job SummaryReporting to the SVP, Customer Operations for Comcast Business HQ, this role will be responsible for developing, implementing, overseeing, and executing the operational strategies of the Comcast Business Enterprise Service Assurance organization. Creates and drives business strategies that impact the service and technical support of Comcast Business' largest and most complex enterprise customers. Provides leadership, expertise, and knowledge in the oversite, evolution and inspiration of 'Day 2' Enterprise operations process and teams inclusive of Tier 1 customer support, Incident Management, Event Management (proactive monitoring), Problem Management (root cause identification and management), Change Management, Request Management (MACD), Technician and Engineering resourcing, Escalation and VIP Customer Engagement, Outsource/Vendor Management, Technical Account Management, and Process Management. Ultimately responsible to top technical business leaders to prescribe solutions to technical, network and field operations challenges. Develops long-term plans that impact the achievement of business results. Recognizes profitability, revenue, and cost reduction potential in business opportunities.
Comcast Enterprise Operations delivers and supports Managed Network Services to the largest companies in the country. These enterprises represent all industry types (including government entities), and often have hundreds or thousands of branch locations (either corporate or franchise-owned).Comcast Enterprise Operations provides services throughout the United States (not just in Comcast's network footprint) as well as a growing number of international locations as we expand our service footprint in partnership with our Masergy business unit.
We are seeking a world-class leader to oversee, evolve, and inspire our 'Day 2' Enterprise operations processes and teams. These functions include:
- Incident Management (front-line customer care and ticket management via multiple channels)
- Event Management (proactive alerting of fault conditions)
- Problem Management (root cause identification and management)
- Change Management
- Request Management (MACD)
- Operations technician and engineering resources
- Escalations and VIP customer engagement
- Outsourced resources
- Technical Account Management
- Process improvement
The scope of Comcast's Managed Service offerings is very broad, encompassing:
- Transport (broadband, ethernet, cellular, fixed wireless, offnet, etc.)
- Managed switch and router
- Managed WiFi
- SD-WAN and SDN
- Firewall, security, SASE, PCI, NAC
We deliver these services using multiple vendors and technologies.
The hallmark of Managed Services for enterprises is customization. We are our customers' trusted operations partner, and therefore support a wide range of service configurations on their behalf. For example, customers can rent equipment, own their own, or have us take over an existing production network. We have flexible maintenance plans, equipment configurations, redundancy designs, technology choices, and contact options.
Comcast Enterprise Operations is already supporting multiple service locations. The number of tickets, alerts, repairs, and customer contacts each day in in the thousands.
But in addition to leading our current teams and executing on our existing service commitments and SLAs, we are also expecting our Service Assurance leader to deliver on very important changes to how we do our work.
In some cases, you'll be directly responsible for these initiatives.In other cases, you'll be a critical stakeholder working with other teams and acting as a responsible/accountable/consultative party.
- Tool and system changes
- We plan to incorporate leading-edge technologies and tools such as ServiceNow into Enterprise Operations in 2023. This project will require significant Service Assurance support and engagement.
- Additionally, automation of appropriate functions using internal tools, RPA, and vendor support is a key priority for our scalability.
- Improve our ability to measure our work and performance, the quality of our customer interactions, and our customers' feedback.
- ITIL-based process improvements
- Enterprise customers expect ITIL-based, standards-compliant operational processes, that incorporate continuous improvement.
- Knowledge and skills management
- We need to implement a scalable model that allows team members to join, contribute quickly, learn rapidly, develop specialization, and progress within our organization and company.
- Leveraging outsourcing where appropriate
- Enterprise Operations will continue to refine our approach to outsourcing, where the right functions and work incorporate outsourced resources.
- Evolving the sophistication of our operations
- We will enhance our operational processes with important new capabilities in areas such as security operations, network performance management, as well as new technologies needed for our growing customer base.
Professional Experience & Qualifications:
If you are interested in this opportunity, you must demonstrate elite skills in many areas:
- Create a culture of openness, teamwork, trust, accountability, and execution.
- Build and develop your leaders to an even higher standard!
- Be accessible and present to your teams, peers, and customers. Set an example of collaboration.
- Build trusted partnerships with your peers within the Ops organization, our Product and Engineering teams, and multiple other critical Comcast stakeholders.
- Demonstrate that you can, and have, successfully affected broad change within an organization.
- Ultimately, your success will be dependent on your leadership of a highly diverse team of different skills, roles, backgrounds, levels of experience, and motivations.
- Customer focus
- Our job is to run our customers' IT networks much better and more efficiently than they could do it themselves.You must grow and live this culture.
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Be able to deliver the right message at the right level of detail.
- Be comfortable interfacing with everyone from a new hire technician to the CIO of a very large enterprise customer.
- Technical, systems, and operational skills
- Demonstrate experience and understanding of all the technologies mentioned above.
- Understand how to design, build, and operate networks at the highest levels of performance, security, and reliability.
- Know ITIL and DevOps concepts.
- Have strong experience using and implementing industry-standard and/or state-of-the-art operational tools and systems to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Telecom experience preferred.
- This isn't a role for a bureaucrat.You must be willing to get into the details, check the math, ask probing questions, and learn what your team does and the challenges they face.
- You must optimize your team and how they work together. We need to find efficiencies and raise the bar, especially when budgets are not unlimited.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
15 Years +
Pay Range: $286,875.60 - $430,313.40
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />