Specialist 3, Systems Administration (IEO)
Job SummaryResponsible for all aspects of systems administration support including hardware, systems software, system performance, security, endpoint certificates, and system network integration. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Studies program operating instruction sheets to determine equipment setup and run operations.
- Reviews, controls and schedules input data. Performs computer support functions such as updating software with new releases, maintaining access security, running backups, maintaining operating logs and maintaining data processing supplies.
- Continuously observes the operation of the console panel, storage devices, printers and the action of the console printer to monitor the system and determine the point of equipment or program failure.
- Adjusts computer operations when units of the system malfunction.
- Maintains operating records such as machine performance and production reports.
- Sets standards and audits those standards.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Provide day-to-day advanced level support of the Cisco UCS, VMware vDS, IP/DNS, firewall, and endpoint certificates.
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to systems analysts, engineers, and other systems architects in the deployment of new/redesign of systems/platforms (network / firewall / certificate related efforts).
- Provide architectural consulting expertise, direction, and assistance with the implementation of security controls and hardening efforts (network / firewall / certificate related efforts).
- Provide support for security audit requests/escalations and working with other teams to develop and implement solutions to mitigate those risks.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />