Strategic Enterprise Account Executive - Gov/Edu
Job SummaryResponsible for the sale of Comcast Commercial Internet, Video and Voice based services to government and education clients. Works as part of a team to drive sales using an array of prospecting activities and cultivation of relationships with institutions in designated territories. Designs and delivers live sales presentations to prospective clients, develops relationships with individual businesses and the community and positions the Comcast brand as key components of the sales strategy, in keeping with Comcast's touchstones. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Builds and delivers face-to-face sales presentations that demonstrate knowledge of the latest Comcast products and services. Sells with goals of exceeding departmental financial and unit targets. Stays abreast of competitive landscape and new technologies to the best position Comcast Business Services in the marketplace.
- Develops sales territory, including cultivation of local partnerships and interpersonal affiliations. Actively generates new leads with targeted businesses through various prospecting activities, including cold calling, canvassing, customer referrals and partner relationships. Actively seeks ways to promote and position the Comcast brand within territory.
- Retains customer base by delivering on the Comcast Credo, ensuring an outstanding customer experience. Maintains and builds customer relationships to drive customer retention; works with internal teams to ensure operational efficiencies and service levels that meet and exceed customer expectations through strong customer service orientation with excellent follow up.
- Maintains accurate and quality sales records and prepares sales and activity reports, as the need arises.
- Attends out-of-office meetings with customers on a regular basis and demonstrates excellent verbal and written skills and skill in presenting, persuading and negotiating.
- Demonstrates some knowledge of Network Design, MAN technologies & designs including DSx, OC-x, WDM, Ethernet, Internet Technologies, Functionality & Services, Voice Network Technologies (including VoIP), Data Networking Technologies, Functionality & Services (LAN, MAN, WAN, VPN), Networking Protocols (with an emphasis on Layers 1,2, & 3), Customer Premise Equipment (voice & data), Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery concepts and E-rate Contracting Processes and Procedures.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as vital.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Be responsible for the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them flawless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />