Director, National Accounts- Xumo
Job SummaryResponsible for identifying strategic actions, obtaining agreements and/or responding to business unit and corporate strategies to enhance sales and profits. Recommends actions including competitive or proactive response; the allocation of resources to existing businesses areas, the acquisition of new businesses, and the disposition of existing businesses. May negotiate terms and conditions of business agreements or review competitive consumer response plans. Manages professionals at manager, supervisor and professional levels. Ensures appropriate resources to achieve financial and business objectives. Influences, and shapes and integrates strategy for functional area(s). Comcast and Charter Communications will form a 50/50 joint venture that will bring our world-class Flex streaming platform, 4K streaming devices, voice remote and XClass TVs nationwide. You will want to join our innovative team, because together we will develop and offer consumers a next-generation streaming platform, with a world-class user experience and navigation and all the top apps, bringing more choice to the streaming marketplace. Comcast also will contribute XUMO to the joint venture, our free ad-supported service that currently delivers more than 200 unique streaming channels and features hundreds of free content choices.
Additional Job Summary:
As a Director, National Accounts this role will be critical to the retail partnerships & relationship building, with the launch of Xumo TVs.
- Ideal candidate with have account management experience with national retailers within the consumer electronics industry. Along with strong relationship building experience, working cross functionally & influencing ability. Experience with contracts, data gathering & analysis highly preferred.
- Individual Contributor role, currently not a people manager role.
- Hybrid work schedule- in office & virtual.
- Position can be based in Irvine, CA, Philadelphia, PA, AR or MN.
- Travel 20-30% required
- Accountable for various financial, economic, competitive and other studies that strategically position products, services, and businesses within markets and industry sectors.
- Builds detailed financial models and structures to evaluate business opportunities.
- Oversees complex special studies to top management in areas such as organizational operational effectiveness, organizational or product positioning, and other studies related to the Company's growth and profitability.
- Manages the company's portfolio with the objective of maximizing resources and driving sustainable revenue models.
- Strategic influencer of company strategy plans, agreements and competitive response.
- Recommends responses and programs to competitive actions or potential partners inquiries, evaluating business unit and Company objectives with internal investment, partnership opportunities and/or concluding partnership deals.
- Highlights strategic insights and implications (opportunities/threats) for Company in report summaries and in roundtable discussions with top management.
- Partners with legal and with partners on company strategic plans, response, and agreements.
- Manages department priorities and may serve as liaison to industry associations.
- Manages, develops and motivates team members to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: This job can be performed in California, with a Pay Range of $150,980.05 USD - $226,470.08 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />