Engineer, Engineering Operations
Job SummaryThe Technology, Product, Experience (TPX) organization works at the intersection of media and technology and our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products and next-generation technologies that transform the customer experience. The Comcast Network and CONNECTivity (CONNECT) organization is a highly agile, fast-paced, dedicated group at the forefront of change focused on innovating, building, and operating the best in class, most reliable access network for our customers.
Overview of the Role:
- Work with moderate guidance to develop solutions, provide solutions for reliability improvements, and solve issues across multiple internal teams
- Partner closely with various teams and stakeholders to build and install virtual cable modem termination systems (vCMTS), validate connectivity, and triage any issues
- This role will handle installation, configuration, implementation, and validation of various software upgrades and hardware replacement
- Maintaining the ability to derive creative and practical solutions to complex problems in an independent work environment is key
- This role requires an on-call rotational shift and you must be willing and able to work after regular business hours
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Aptitude for technology who enjoys troubleshooting and complex problem solving
- Passion for learning new skills
- Capability to work well under pressure, and handle contending priorities while remaining organized and adaptable
- Demonstrated high potential ability and stellar performance history
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate clearly with all levels of employees, external vendors, and management teams
- Any operations experience in an on-call rotation/ 24x7 environment is valued
- Understanding of Unix/ Linux environments with any of the following is a plus!
- Scripting and automation in Bash, Python, or any other language
- Network troubleshooting and configuration.
- Server hardware and software troubleshooting.
- Experience building and replacing system hardware.
- Software upgrades/deployment experience.
- Experience defining, implementing, and monitoring IT services.
About the TEAM:
This role is part of the Operations team that is responsible for building and operating the virtual cable modem termination systems (vCMTS) platform. This position will work with the Divisions, Development, and Operations teams for builds, testing, mitigation, and problem management.
About Our Perks & Benefits
We are determined to create an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Here's a look at just some of the perks and benefits we make available to our US-based employees:
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Generous paid time off
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Courtesy Services - We offer all of our full-time employees in serviceable areas free digital TV and internet.
- Discount tickets for Universal Resorts, including theme park tickets and onsite hotel rooms.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
=== THIS POSITION IS INELIGIBLE FOR VISA SPONSORSHIP. TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, YOU MUST BE LEGALLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES AND NOT REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP FOR EMPLOYMENT NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. ===
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />