Principal UX Designer
Job SummaryComcast's Frontline Experience Design Team is a collaborative, in-house design team, concepting and prototyping the best ideas into accessible experiences for our employees. We transform customer service and sales through research, innovation, empathetic design, and operational efficiency. We work with Comcast customer service agents, retail store associates, and technicians to help them deliver best-in-class experiences. You will have access to best-in-class customer insights, industry experts, and opportunities to attend industry conferences-all ways to accelerate your career development and customer empathy. You will be part of a diverse design group with countless opportunities to evolve your design skillset. As a Principal Designer with the Frontline Experience Design Team, you're responsible for leading strategy, design, and future development of a product across multiple platforms. You are a user experience subject matter expert. You've developed a user-centered, data driven design process with the ability to innovate and evaluate at a senior level. As an experienced design professional, you think strategically across multiple platforms and take proactive initiative on all projects with a strong sense of ownership; emulates curiosity and innovation, instills trust in others. Along the way, you'll have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally working at a Fortune 50 company to create a lasting impact on a new business and service that customers use and love every day.
- Holds advanced design skill and knowledge. Leads a team on complex projects, typically at a product level. Provides leadership, mentoring, and guidance to all organization levels.
- Has a significant operational impact on their own immediate team mentoring others, leading projects, and functioning as the technical voice of the team, as well as strong collaboration outside of their team with other groups. Will directly manage 1 person.
- Thought leader in design, and prototypes for web, mobile, and other digital delivery platforms, driving solutions through their own and other teams. Keeps current on cutting-edge design industry trends and educates others on it.
- Leads strategy, design, and future development of a product across multiple platforms. Has the ability to innovate and evaluate at a senior level, thinking strategically across multiple platforms. Takes proactive initiative on all projects with a strong sense of ownership; emulates curiosity and innovation, instills trust in others.
- Drives product evolution. Analyzes competing products, and user behavior results; evaluates new and existing products and design requirements.
- Partners with Brand, Product, and Engineering to conceptualize, design, and prototype complex key user flows and interactions.
- Ensures UX standards and unified design language are aligned for large product, but usually one Line of business. Has a demonstrated track record of in-depth and complex design exposure and successful project delivery; decision-making capabilities should include a strong capability to establish and lead all details of design architecture across their product.
- Evaluates stakeholder feedback and user behavior to compile and present quantitative and qualitative strategic vision and findings to executive leadership.
- Acts as a key contributor on a complex project, may lead a small project or a junior designer, typically at a feature level. Will provide daily design direction to another designer on the team.
- Compiles and presents to senior leadership quantitative and qualitative ideas, sketches, research findings and other required deliverables.
- Conducts stakeholder interviews, analyzes customer feedback, usability and researches user behavior to enhance existing products.
- Design guild representative for team.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
National Pay Range: $96,559.14 USD-$226,310.49 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />