Sr Software Architect
Job SummaryFirst level in the DE/Fellow program. Defines software architecture to ensure that the organization's software solutions are built within a consistent framework. May serve as a technical and business-savvy resource to software engineering personnel on a range of software design issues. Participates in the decision-making processes related to the selection of software architecture solutions. Please refer to the DE/Fellow program for complete requirements and details.
- Provides solutions and guidance to industry. Present to large groups and is an expert at explaining technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Internally and externally viewed as the subject matter expert on at least one discipline.
- Demonstrates strong ability to synthesize disparate technologies into viable business solutions.
- Viewed as a positive influence on teams and organization, ability to lead team and gain consensus through technical and facilitative leadership.
- Responsible for serving as the technical lead for a domain of material interest with at least 125 practicing technologists in established domains of expertise or as an exception in emerging areas of technology as established by CTO or President of Technology Division.
- Plays a lead role on initiatives that deliver significant business value to the company.
- Provides technical oversight for major initiatives (IP video; IPv6).
- Invents or implements capabilities that fundamentally enable new lines of business.
- Identifies technology strategic growth opportunities that enable the business to grow; contributions result in tangible business impact/value.
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of the company's products, policies, practices and procedures.
- Mentors and inspires a diverse set of at least 3 more junior engineers; at least one at the distinguished engineer or engineer 6 level.
- "Significant business value" should be quantifiable in terms of customers impacted, revenue created and/or efficiencies gained; overall impact should be equivalent to the expected impact created by a management track individual at the same job level. However, where the management track individual creates impact through organizational leadership, the technical track individual creates impact through technical leadership.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, often high-pressure environment, with proven ability to maintain composure in stressful situations and manage and diffuse angry or irate customers.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
15 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />