Technical Support Internal, Technician 1
Job SummarySeeking candidates who have direct experience diagnosing, troubleshooting, and resolving technical issues over the telephone. Examples of issues would be pixilation, slow speed times, and X1 errors, to name a few. Candidates who manage their time while working remote within the Central Division (AL, AR, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, LA, MS, SC, TN) Responsible for working closely with higher-level Technicians to understand root cause for provisioning and repair-related tickets; communicates and/or implements process requirements to reduce overall trouble rates. Uses multiple software systems and applications to ensure customer service orders and repair tickets are completed accurately and on-time. This position is not a sales or billing position.
- Applies corrective action processes to accurately resolve customer order issues, ensuring customers' service commitments are met.
- Isolates and resolves problems by correlating information from network equipment etc.
- Notifies appropriate individuals and organizations of network outages and restoration events by opening system trouble tickets with the fix agencies.
- Works across multiple applications to perform error resolution to fulfill service orders that meet original time frame commitments made to customers.
- Opens tickets and records/maintains vital documentation to track ticket through resolution.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Desire candidates who have experience troubleshooting and verbally guiding another person on how to use technology and troubleshooting.
- This position's work schedule is decided by the needs of the business regarding nights and weekends.
- Will trouble shoot various Comcast products and Comcast systems for residential users.
- Will work with internal peers on problem solving and solution execution.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
What You Can Expect:
- An encouraging and casual work environment with chances to showcase your skills.
- A culture of innovation and continuous learning.
- Training, support, and mentoring to expand and evolve your expertise.
- For more information into our culture, check out:[Register to View]
About Our Perks & Benefits:
COMCAST is determined to build an environment where our employees feel valued, understand our business goals, and are motivated.
Below highlights a few rewards and benefits COMCAST provides to employees:
- Medical & Dental start day one.
- 401(k) Savings Plan.
- Life Milestones - from adoption assistance, childcare resources, pet insurance, and more, Comcast supports you at all life stages.
- Xfinity Services - We offer all employees in serviceable areas discounted digital TV and internet.
- Free tickets to Universal theme parks!
Employees at all levels are encouraged to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them flawless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hardworking learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products, and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs, and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors, and our communities.
- This information has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
High School Diploma / GED
Relevant Work Experience
National Pay Range: $15.00 USD-$25.24 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />