Technical Support Specialist
Job SummaryResponsible for taking technical support calls from customers and troubleshooting to identify appropriate resolution for managed services such as managed broadband and managed Wi-Fi, managed router. Verifies network outages and escalate to appropriate fix agents to ensure timely resolution (Tier 2, field operations etc.) with a primary emphasis on a quality first call resolution. Accurately documents problems including detection information, diagnostic results and repair information by utilizing the trouble ticketing system, customer portal and network monitoring tools. Uses multiple software systems and applications to ensure customer service orders and repair tickets are completed accurately and on-time. Works on straight forward tasks using established procedures.
- Handle inbound customer repair request via phone, portal, email and network monitoring tools.
- Manage ticket queues.
- Interface with incumbent local exchange carriers, field service technicians and other internal partners as needed to resolve customer troubles.
- Provide all customer communications including status updates and inbound automatic call distributor (ACD) calls.
- Independently recognize and diffuse escalated customer situations while setting accurate expectations for issue resolution.
- Communicate with customers in a professional manner in all situations while demonstrating courtesy, patience and troubleshooting skills in customer relations.
- Achieve standards for consistent performance (scorecards).
- Utilize tools and resources to troubleshoot and repair managed services customer problems.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $21.00
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />