Engineer 1, Planning & Design
Job SummaryResponsible for overseeing all aspects of the planning and designing of Capacity Augment jobs. Works with project team to design systems and determine project specifications. Inspects projects periodically to ensure adherence to project specifications. Prepares and maintains project documentation. Assists in identifying new service areas and resolving customer service complaints. Please note: this position is office optimal-3 days in office and 2 days remote a week
- Participates in the design of broadband communication systems using various design software packages. Produces layout designs for coaxial and fiber placement and fiber routing and connectivity. Verifies that designs are in adherence to regional hybrid fiber coax (HFC) architecture and design specifications and processes HFC span replacements.
- Assists in conducting analysis to determine efficiency, equipment economy, and systems operation simplicity.
- Prepares prints, special maps, key maps, graphs, diagrams, and graphic drawings for use by other departments. Updates and maintains system maps, keys, and design files.
- Processes HFC SMB and small plant extensions. Prepares files and assigns to business partner in P2. Receives files and QC in Spatial.
- Generates HFC design package for construction including design DWG or PDF and BOM. Uploads design package to P2 and approves design task.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s), and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge of Outside Plant (OSP) and Inside Plant (ISP) practicesand procedures
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively upward, downward and laterally
- Demonstrated data analysis skills
- Intermediate ability with MS Office Suite
- Good listening skills
- Adept at resolving conflict
- VIZ PORTAL
- MS Office / Visio
- Facility Search
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Pay Range: $24.11 - $36.16
Additional Range: This job can be performed in Texas Or California with a Pay Range of $23 USD -$41 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />