Sr. Data Scientist, Workforce Analytics
Job SummaryWorkforce Analytics is a fast-growing team that provides deep insights and advanced analytics to senior leaders across Comcast Cable. As internal consultants, we support the strategic decisions that drive Comcast's workforce strategy and enhances the employee journey. Our team is looking for a hands-on analyst who can leverage Comcast's abundant data assets to become a trusted partner for our business leaders and solve their most complex problems. Responsible for leveraging internal and external data to provide insights and information which supports a facts-based decision making process. Provides input into strategy, analysis methods, and tool selection. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Develops and executes statistical and mathematical solutions to business problems. Frames problem, develops roadmap, and communicates intended approach and quantitative methods to develop solution.
- May serve as a team leader within a work group or on cross-functional teams. Mentors and train junior team members.
- Improve products and services or solve problems using best practice and knowledge of internal and or external business issues.
- Uses analytical rigor and statistical methods to analyze large amounts of data, extracting actionable insights using advanced statistical techniques such as data analysis, data mining, optimization tools, and machine learning techniques and statistics (e.g., predictive models, LTV, propensity models). Build customer centric models and optimization tools to support large scale projects that utilize online & offline data, structured & unstructured data, set top box data, and media/behavioral/attitudinal data.
- Develop and deploy predictive models based on historical data that provide future predictions about employee behavior.
- Constructs forecasts, recommendations and strategic/tactical plans based on applying data science techniques to business data.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Minimum 3 years relevant quantitative and qualitative research with Text Analytics/Mining
- Strong programming (such as Python or R), and statistical modeling skills
- Deep mastery of a wide range of ML techniques, tools, and methodologies with a demonstrated capability to apply them to a broad range of business problems and data sources
- Machine learning (ML) techniques include clustering, classification, regression, decision trees
- Proficiency in the use of statistical packages
- Able to work with large data, and be proficient in extracting relevant feature data from relational and non-relational databases
- Generally requires 5-8 years related experience
- Master's Degree Required
Field of Study:
- Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Decision Science, Operational Research, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />