Senior Software Engineer (Go)
Job SummaryComcast's DevX organization is seeking a Lead Golang Engineer to join our DevX: Run team. This group is responsible for developing tools and platforms that are used by engineering teams across CXT to enhance customer experiences of our xFi (broadband), Entertainment, AI, and Xfinity Home Security product offerings. We are a team of engineers that both build and support high-availability platforms for use by Comcast engineering and product teams. Some of our platforms include experimentation and feature flagging, Chaos Engineering SaaS platform, a multiplatform API Gateway for ingress management with complementing multi-datacenter service mesh, and a log ingest transformation and routing platform.
As a Lead Engineer, you will be a leader, and contributor, and enjoy working on cutting-edge technology stacks that positively impact the daily lives of millions of Comcast customers!
What You Will Do:
- Work with the engineering team, product, and user experience to understand new requirements.
- Refine and estimate new deliverables.
- Implement new application programming interfaces, backend services, front-end user interface components, and automation tasks to specifications provided with the assistance of senior team members.
- Understand platform usage and assist with production deployments and customer issue triage.
- Design and develop highly available and scalable applications that can be hosted on cloud platforms.
- Design web applications that take can function with interruptions in connectivity.
- Create tools to identify and mitigate the production incidents within the defined MTTR (Mean Time To Recover) key performance indicator.
- Create re-usable web components that can be leveraged by multiple teams, where needed.
- Create self-contained microservices or application programming interfaces to support the business logic.
- Create insights for managers to track business and operational metrics.
- 3+ years of microservice backend development in Golang.
- 2+ years of experience in web development preferably React.
- 2+ years of experience with automation software using Terraform.
- 3+ years of experience with monitoring systems (e.g. Grafana/InfluxDB, Datadog, CloudWatch, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience in AWS.
- Understanding of container technologies like Docker, Fargate, ECS, or Kubernetes. Hands-on experience building and running containers on one of these platforms is a plus.
- Familiarity with continuous integration/deployment processes and tools such as Jenkins, Concourse, etc.
- Experience with deploying and operating infrastructure running microservices-based platforms.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Be responsible for the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them detailed digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth!
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity!
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
This information has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />