Engineer 4, Software Development & Engineering - Mobile Development (Android)
Job SummaryResponsible for translating code into user-friendly applications. Collaborates with internal teams to develop functional mobile applications while working in a fast-paced environment. Develops application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality while keeping up to date with terminology, concepts and best practices for coding mobile apps. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities.Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment.May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
We are seeking a Sr. Android Developer to join our Managed Video Apps group, which is responsible for creating and shipping mobile television experiences that are used by millions of customers each and every day. On our team, we value close collaboration with designers, testers, product managers, and other developers across the organization. While the primary responsibilities will include developing features for Android apps, you will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the products. You are encouraged to pick up new technologies and languages quickly, be a great teammate, and be able to adapt to changing business and customer demands. The ideal candidate will have experience building native mobile applications that rely on multiple web services and that operate at scale.Core Responsibilities
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Designs Android mobile applications on both phones and tablets, supports applications under development and customizes current applications. Assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Contributes to code reviews and merges.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Provides technical leadership throughout the design process and guidance with regards to practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a guide and mentor for junior level Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics. Ensures the team delivers software on time, to specification and within budget.
- Works with the Quality Assurance team to determine if applications fit specification and technical requirements.
- Displays expertise in knowledge of engineering methodologies, concepts and skills and their application in the area of specified engineering specialty.
- Displays expertise in process design and redesign skills. Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance to work and meetings
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Computer Science
- 8+ years of Android development experience, preferably on apps that have been approved for release in the Google Play Store.
- Experience writing and reviewing code in Android development languages, including both Kotlin and Java.
- Knowledge of HTTP and RESTful web services and caching, especially in HTTP compliant caches.
- Experience with Android specific libraries, frameworks, and dependency management.
- Exposure to architectural styles and patterns is a plus.
- Involvement with build deployment, test app distribution, and CI/CD
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for code quality that follows best practices.
- Experience with the full software development cycle: product specification, design, implementation, QA, release, operations, and maintenance,
- Strong passion or interest in video streaming applications.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
Drive results and growth.
Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />