Principal DevOps Engineer (Virtual)
Job SummaryThe Principal DevOps Engineer is a technical leader within CTS's exciting new Cybersecurity business unit. Join this growing, innovative team as we improve the operationalization and optimization of security data!
Job DescriptionAbout CTS Cybersecurity
You will be an innovator in the Cybersecurity division of [Register to View]
This division specializes in offering Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and subscription-based security solutions to large enterprises and the federal government. For the first time ever, customers are now able to purchase some of the best of Comcast's own in-house [Register to View]
. These solutions are proven-at-scale to defend critical infrastructure and effectively reduce cost. The Cybersecurity Suite efficiently improves security and compliance while keeping costs in check. DataBee, the growth engine of the division, stands out as a groundbreaking security and compliance data fabric platform.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Development Operations, the Principal Engineer develops the tools and procedures to safely and rapidly deploy and monitor DataBee. As a senior technical leader and subject matter expert, you will establish best practices to guide development and operational workflows. We are a fast-paced, collaborative business unit with a startup culture, striving to deliver value for our customers.
- Collaborates with project stakeholders to identify product and technical requirements. Conducts analysis to determine integration needs.
- Aids in the design of the DataBee platform, supports application development and customizations. Develops software update processes and assists in the roll-out of software releases.
- Trains junior Development Operation engineers on internally developed software applications.
- Keeps current with technological developments within the industry. Monitors and evaluates competitive applications and products. Reviews literature, patents and current practices relevant to the solution of assigned projects.
- Assists with technical leadership throughout the design process and guides practices, procedures and techniques. Serves as a mentor for Software Development Engineers.
- Assists in tracking and evaluating performance metrics including cost. Ensures team delivers software on time, to specification and within budget.
- Acts as a technical contact and liaison for outside vendors and customers.
- Presents and defends architectural, design and technical choices to internal and external audiences.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience visualizing and creating product performance metrics
- Experience with Observability tools, such as Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog
- Demonstrated expertise in developing and implementing CI/CD pipelines.
- Demonstrated expertise in full lifecycle support of multi-tenant and multi-region SaaS products.
- Demonstrated expertise deploying and monitoring SaaS products in AWS. Preferred if also experienced in deploying and monitoring SaaS products in Azure and/or GPC.
- Experience working with GitHub and GitHub Actions
- Experience with scripting languages including Bash and Python
- Operational experience using platform tools such as Terraform, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Operational experience with AWS services including EKS, S3, Lambdas, SQS, Route53, and ALB
- Operational experience leveraging PagerDuty or Statuspage.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
National Pay Range: $105,722.82 USD-$247,787.85 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />