Principal Sales Engineer
Job SummaryABOUT CTS CYBERSECURITY You will be an innovator in the Cybersecurity division of Comcast Technology Solutions (CTS). [Register to View] This division specializes in offering Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) and subscription-based security solutions to large enterprises and the federal government. For the first time ever, customers are now able to purchase some of the best of Comcast's own in-house security technologies [Register to View] These solutions are proven-at-scale to defend critical infrastructure and effectively reduce cost. The Cybersecurity Suite efficiently improves security and compliance while keeping costs in check. You are ambitious. You like driving new relationships. You have developed skills in evangelizing new technologies and researching the latest in cybersecurity. You achieve happiness in seeing customers solve hard security problems. You enjoy the challenge and thrill of succeeding in bringing new technology approaches to market. In the role of Senior SE, you will be a leader within Comcast Technology Solution's exciting new cyber security business unit, which sells SaaS and subscription security solutions to the large enterprise and federal government. Currently, two solutions, BluVector and DataBee, both used internally by the Comcast CISO organization, are sold by the business unit. These solutions are sophisticated threat detection, sophisticated threat hunting and security operations center and compliance offerings that improve security and compliance in an efficient manner. DataBee is the BU's growth engine and is an innovative security & compliance data fabric platform, a new market segment rapidly replacing SIEM and other legacy security & compliance toolsets.
Job DescriptionCore Responsibilities
- Collaborate with the sales team to understand customer requirements and build tailored demonstrations and presentations that highlight the value proposition of DataBee.
- Create models for demonstrating and proving the value of DataBee to potential enterprise clients
- Gather feedback from customers, analysts and employees on how to improve pre-sales models, technical objection handling, demonstrations, and product value
- Develop a deep understanding of customer use cases and pain points related to security data management and manipulation and effectively position DataBee as the ideal solution.
- Conduct technical product demonstrations, showcasing the data manipulation capabilities of DataBee using SQL, and effectively addressing customer questions and concerns.
- Assist customers with proof of value activities by applying your expertise in data manipulation and SQL to showcase DataBee's ability to deliver measurable outcomes and meet specific business requirements.
- Collaborate with the product management and engineering teams to provide feedback on customer requirements, product features, and enhancements to continually improve DataBee.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements in security data management, data manipulation techniques, and SQL best practices, and effectively articulate their relevance to customers.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop technical proposals, respond to RFPs, and support the overall sales process, ensuring that DataBee is positioned as the preferred solution.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with key stakeholders, including customers, partners, and internal teams, to ensure customer success and drive long-term business growth for DataBee.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior sales engineers, encouraging their professional growth and ensuring consistent high-quality support to the sales team.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as vital.
- Travel to customer sites or Comcast office is for product presentations is required when the customer requests an in-person meeting. Travel to in person internal meetings also is required upon request.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Detailed understanding of the common enterprise data strategy constructs in a security organization
- Experience working with technology deployments and/or sales advisory to enterprise customers
- Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of security data collection, normalization, enrichment, and visualization to executive members and staff
- Knowledge of relevant security applications such as EDR, Azure MFA, SIEM plus knowledge of big data solutions and tools including snowflake, databricks, powerBI, and tableau
- General understanding of data privacy policies, and complying with data protection regulations
- Desire to be mentored and a structured approach to develop a proven customer engagement model around security data transformation initiatives
- Ability to use internal resources, partners, and team members to be successful.
- An 'in the field' mentality leading you to meet with customers & prospects when possible
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them flawless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be hard-working learners, users and advocates of our exciting technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Get results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
National Pay Range: $103,979.48 USD-$243,701.90 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Targeted Commission: $75,000
Our sales compensation programs offer the potential for significant upside above targeted earnings for those who overachieve their sales targets.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />