Global Risk Management (GRM) Intern
Job SummaryComcast Global Risk Management forecasts, evaluates, and oversees Comcast's insurable risks on an enterprise-wide, worldwide basis. It finances risk through Company-owned resources and via procurement of insurance with domestic and international insurers to protect the assets of the company in accordance with Comcast's evolving risk profile. It manages claims activity within all insured programs and offers strategy, oversight and advocacy for a significant portfolio of retained liability. We are a Corporate function reporting into the Treasury organization. Our 10-12-week program as an intern at Comcast will help you cultivate meaningful relationships, develop professional skills, gain insight to the day-to-day operations of a top media and technology company, and receive mentorship opportunities to expand your professional network. You will gain invaluable knowledge of our industry, be part of our diverse and welcoming culture and receive exposure to other areas of the business, all while working on real life business projects and functions.
Core Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- Gain experience by working in a risk management department and learning about the different functions/areas of the department and the company
- Assist in day-to-day activities, which may include review and filing of exposure information, policy documents, claims matters, and insurance broker interface.
- Collaborate with internal team members
- Attend strategy meetings
- Regular, Consistent and punctual attendance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree from a United States-based college or university.
- Available to work 40 hours per week for 11 weeks .
- Preferred Majors: Risk Management, Insurance
- 3.0 minimum cumulative GPA preferred
- Able to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Ability to balance workload, adapt to changing situations and priorities, and be deadline-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills (inquisitive, able to connect or relate with others).
- Analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills required to assess risks on a real-time basis.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Clear, articulate oral and written communication skills.
- Strong PC skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interest in the telecommunications, cable and media industries.
- An interest Risk Management
- Authorized to work in the United States of America
- Business; especially Risk Management and Insurance (RMI).
- Rising Sophomore = $23/hr
- Rising Junior = $24/hr
- Rising Senior = $25/hr
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Relevant Work Experience
Base Pay: $25.00
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />