SRE DevOps Sr. Engineer - Engineer 4, Engineering Operations
Job SummaryResponsible for participating as an technical expert in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, contributing to new products implementation, implementing existing products and services and providing the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Interfaces with vendors, Engineering and peer operations organizations. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies and procedures. Provides technical leadership to junior Engineers and project teams. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. Does not have any direct supervisory responsibilities. May direct workflow and act as a technical lead. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise.
We are looking for a Sr. Operations Engineer to join our Managed Video Apps group, which is responsible for development, deployment, and support of high-quality video entertainment apps. These provide streaming experiences on mobile, web, and Smart TV platforms and are used by millions of customers every day. The primary responsibilities of this role include ensuring operational visibility and operational direction for our apps as well as troubleshooting production issues and maintenance of operational tools. You will also collaborate with the client development, product, QA, and other peer operations and reliability teams to help ensure a consistently effective customer experience.Core Responsibilities
- Report daily, weekly and monthly operational metrics for all supported platforms. Analyze data and metrics to identify issues and provide actionable insights.
- Manage, investigate, and communicate root cause and impact of incidents to internal teams and stakeholders.
- Work with the development and product management teams to understand and contribute to requirements regarding error logging, additional metrics, and operational visibility of our systems and new features.
- Organize and maintain key metrics across all platforms and review for consistency and differences as required.
- Work with production support to align and ensure the accuracy of playbooks to carry out in the event of an alert or a production incident.
- Manage, maintain, and facilitate a backlog of operational tasks for telemetry metrics, error reporting, and additional tasks as needed for operations, engineering, QA, and product teams.
- Create and monitor key metrics dashboard and alerting. Review operational health and adjust metrics tracking, dashboards, and baselines as needed.
- Escalate concerns to internal engineering teams and upstream services as required when data warrants investigation, and drive issues through resolution.
- Possess in-depth technical knowledge of functional areas, comprehensive understanding of architecture, and advanced troubleshooting and analytics skills on systems of expertise.
- Deliver complex projects by scoping problems, finding and implementing solutions, effectively communicating and collaborating with other teams, and proactively driving to optimize and improve processes and methods.
- Provide technical guidance and mentorship to junior team members and establish best practices across team.
- Lead development of automation frameworks and tools. Design and implement observability into platforms we support.
- Additional operational tasks as needed.
- Experience with creation, maintenance, monitoring and reporting of operational metrics dashboards and alerting.
- Strong analytics background.
- Ability to write data queries (ELK, Splunk, SQL, etc) and scripts.
- Working knowledge of least one programming language (Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience with data engineering and automating data pipelines.
- Familiarity using native applications across multiple platforms.
- Experience in an Agile DevOps environment collaborating across multiple teams with the engineering and product organization.
- Demonstration of strategic thinking, system development, and technical writing skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and taking initiative on projects.
- Software engineering background is a plus.
- Prior involvement with support or development of video streaming apps is a plus.
- Previous experience as team lead and advanced industry certifications are preferred.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />