Specialist, Workday Reporting Systems
Job SummaryDo you love uncovering stories with data through developing and fixing reports? Join our team as a Workday Reporting Specialist to flex your reporting analyst skills! Get exposure to a wide array of intricate HR and business reporting problems collaborating with HR, Talent, Compensation, Learning, Finance, and Internal Audit teams. Success on the team is defined as a passion to tackle problems creatively; a detailed focus in capturing and translating user requirements into well-designed Workday reports; and championing data quality and privacy.
- Workday calculated field development experience is preferred. However, candidates who have the foundations to learn to build calculated fields through demonstrated experience in building reports with statements which manipulate data and perform mathematical operations, concatenation of strings, and/or reference/join data across different database objects.
- Workday report developed experience preferred. However, candidates who have the foundations to learn to build workday reports through demonstrated experience in developing reports combining data from multiple data sources with compelling data visualizations.
- Experience in Workday, or other HRIS systems is preferred.
- Contributes to technical projects and initiates related to reporting defects, enhancements, and development of new reports and dashboards to provide HR metrics to leaders.
- Builds and fixes Workday calculated fields, custom reports (simple, advanced, matrix, composite), and dashboards.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of user and role-based security.
- Translates business requirements into detailed design documentation to gain alignment on and memorialize decisions on reporting requests.
- Uses in-depth knowledge of process design and redesign skills to present reporting solutions. Provides guidance on the best possible user experiences for report consumers.
- Collaborates with business teams in the design and execution of testing scenarios to support the successful implementation of reports.
- Excels in environments with cross team collaboration. Ability to work multiple projects at once both in and out of agile methodologies.
- Performs audit reporting and processes for data quality checks. Maintains data integrity and accuracy in reporting and analysis. Ensure integrity and security of data through proactive analysis of report performance and results.
- Triages and resolves complex reporting support cases providing sustainable solutions.
- Completes regression testing on reports during projects, initiatives, and new system releases. Designs and maintains testing plan as needed to support reporting applications.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
Disclaimer: This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />