Comcast Cybersecurity: Principal Security Developer
Job SummaryThe Principal Security Developer is a senior solutions architecture role residing within the Comcast Technology and Product Security Organizations. This role is responsible for defining and executing strategies to deliver cyber security solutions and services for Comcast business and residential customers. The position will deliver software products that will support the overall Security Services roadmaps, which will include requirements elicitation, partnering with multi-functional engineering teams regarding development, testing and validation, implementation, operational handover processes, and ongoing technical leadership. This position will be a key member of our data pipeline / engineering team. The Comcast Cyber Security organization relies on a vast network of event-driven data pipelines to monitor, detect, and investigate cyber security threats and incidents. The Principal Security Developer should have a deep technical understanding of application, host, cloud and network security tools and techniques, must be familiar with security industry standards and best practices, and must be able to optimally work with development, engineering, and operational counterparts, across a broad and deeply technical environment in all security areas common within an IP Carrier Services Provider industry. The position is highly collaborative across a variety of teams, both technical and non-technical, and will require a proven ability to build effective, positive relationships in order to succeed.
- Must have a strong passion for driving thought-leadership in a team setting.
- Must have a track record of leveraging technologies to tackle common business problems.
- Must be comfortable performing in an amorphous and ambiguous working environment - and be comfortable being uncomfortable when it comes to learning and applying new technologies and patterns.
- Develop Security Event Monitoring strategies using standard 'baseline' methodologies and sophisticated correlation techniques with OSINT, related systems and applications, and other data sources to improve overall security posture and service to our customers.
- Establish effective measurement and reporting methodologies to manage performance and efficiency of key security programs through the development and deployment of dynamic dashboards and reports.
- Analyze and implement new and existing technologies, processes, and services to build new services and solutions to deliver to business and residential customers.
- Partner with product teams through providing technical leadership and mentorship.
- Experience building solutions using the Python, Go, Rust or SQL syntax.
- Applied experience, and knowledge of, software development patterns.
- Database management and/or modeling experience.
- Intermediate capabilities in CI/CD knowledge using Docker, Kubernetes, and Git version control.
- Intermediate experience with cloud service providers, with preference provided to AWS.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in engineering or computer science
- 6+ years of related experience.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Comcast will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law, including the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
National Pay Range: $112,151.21 USD-$262,854.41 USD
Comcast intends to offer the selected candidate base pay within this range, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience.
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.[Register to View] />