Job SummaryResponsible for following general instructions and with discretion as to work details, performs accounting tasks of a difficult nature requiring an experienced, professional knowledge of accounting principles and practices. Provides specialized or general analysis support in various accounting functions such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Payroll, Cost Accounting, Property Accounting, General Accounting and the like. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- Interprets accounting data, analyzes reports and recommends action to be taken.
- Prepares difficult journal entries, maintains complex ledgers, reconciles and analyzes specific cost account ledgers. Assists in the development and installation of accounting systems, cost accounting methods, procedures and controls.
- Establishes and maintains property accounting records. Reviews the preparation of various financial statements, records and reports compiled by lower level accounting support personnel.
- Prepares financial reports analyzing data for management review.
- Calculates payments to regulatory authorities based on a review of contracts and regulations.
- Ensures the balance sheet accounts are accurately stated based on compiled reconciliation procedures and agreement with source documents.
- Enters monthly journal entries to properly record accounting transactions, ensuring that journal entries have proper back up to substantiate the entry.
- Reviews financial statements for operating trends and results.
- Develops automated Oracle routines such as mass allocations and re-occurring journal entries.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.