Sr Engineer, Data & Analytics
Comcast Business offers technology solutions ranging from Ethernet, internet, and WiFi connectivity to voice, television, and managed Enterprise solutions to power businesses of all sizes to perform better. From small businesses to mid-market and large Enterprise organizations, Comcast Business serves business customers across the country. Powered by an advanced, Gig-speed network and backed by 24/7 technical support, Comcast Business is one of the largest contributors to the growth of Comcast Cable. The organization is the nation’s largest cable provider to small and mid-size businesses and has emerged as a force in the Enterprise market, recognized by leading industry associations as one of the fastest growing provider of Ethernet services."
Job SummaryResponsible for transforming large, complex data into consumable business databases and applications for self-service analytics and reporting. Create system architecture, design and specification using in-depth engineering skills and knowledge to solve difficult development problems and achieve engineering goals. Determine and source appropriate data for a given analysis. Work with data modelers/analysts to understand the business problems they are trying to solve then create or augment data assets to feed their analysis. Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline. Usually determines own work priorities. Acts as resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Creates technical documentation (internal) using understanding of internal business areas and processes as well as working knowledge of database design, data manipulation, ETL, implementation, information storage & retrieval and data flow & analysis.
- Preemptively recognize and resolve technical issues utilizing knowledge of policies and processes.
- Optimize data sources and processing rules to ensure appropriate data quality of all products utilizing trouble-shooting, design and development skills along with cross systems technical knowledge.
- Solves critical issues and shares knowledge such as trends, aggregate, quantity volume regarding specific data sources.
- Acts as a subject matter expert in one or more technical areas; such as data architecture, data engineering or data manipulation within big data systems like Hadoop and SQL.
- Serves as a team leader within a work group or on cross-functional teams; accepts team lead stretch assignments, acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Presents to broader senior leadership team. Understands other business units and how they affect the team and work.
- Acts as a liaison between business owners and technical associates to ensure the data collected and processed is both actionable and relevant to the end goals.
- Determines appropriateness of data for storage and optimum storage organization. Determines how tables relate to each other and how fields interact within the tables to develop relational models.
- Collaborates with technology and platform management partners to optimize data sourcing and processing rules to ensure appropriate data quality.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience - think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff - be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company - by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the [Register to View] on our careers site for more details.