CDL Truck Driver - Container
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
DON'T WATCH OTHER PEOPLE BUILD THIER CAREERS..
BUILD YOUR OWN!
Stability. Great Pay. Advancement.
Ready to roll with us? Do you like driver incentive pay plans? Are you ready to drive your career to the next level? Join the Waste Management team today. You’ll develop a career focused on positive change and advancement. Waste Management: It’s not trash; it’s a dependable job you can make into a career.
The Location: Grass Valley, CA
Pay Rate: $22.00 Hourly
Some Basic Requirements:
- Experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving experience in the last seven (7) years
- Possess a current Class A or B Commercial Driver’s License with an air brake endorsement
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY? WE INVEST IN YOU!
We’ll provide you with a competitive salary and a top-notch benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability, plus Union benefits! You’ll also receive Paid Vacation and Holidays.
READY TO SUCCEED?
Don’t delay and apply today!
I. Job Summary
The Driver Container safely operates a heavy-duty crane mounted truck and is responsible for loading, and transporting material containers to/from customer locations. Drivers will navigate driveways, alleyways, lots, high traffic roadways and may operate in tight overhead environments. Highly skilled backing maneuvers are essential, to successfully perform this job.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules. OSHA. (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, municipal, state, and federal laws.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned equipment and documents checks on standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report.).
- Immediately reports any unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings required by Waste Management or Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Managers to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions, including blocked containers, closed lots, street, alleyways or potential safety hazards.
- Communicates customer requests to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Completes and submits customer tickets as required.
- Completes site evaluations to ensure locations are conductive for safe and proper servicing.
- Positions and / or returns container on the customer’s property in a manner that ensures lids and or doors are properly replaced, and do not block driveway entrances or traffic.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and the check out process.
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Not required.
- Experience: One (1) year(s) of relevant work experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL or equivalent military driving within the last 7 years.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- Hold a current Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with an air brake endorsement.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be atleast 18 years of age.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment DOT drug screen and DOT physical.
- Complete classroom training and demonstrate safe crane operation. (Some states may require certification)
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- None required.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ pounds. and pushing or pulling up to __ pounds on wheels.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or driving a video/ GPS monitored vehicle.
- Will be exposed to a physical environment, which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of the workday.
Note: The level of physical effort may vary from site to site and in some cases be greater or lesser than documented here.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”