Scale House Admin
Wasco County Landfill in Wasco, OR is looking to hire a Scale House Cashier to join our team!
Hours will be Monday-Friday 6:30 am-3:30pm with occasional Saturdays. Rate of pay is $17-$18.00/HR DOE.
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value everyone’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
A Day in the Life of a Scale/office personnel:
- Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry of the Landfill.
- Weighing trucks in and out and calculating payments for customers.
- Ensure incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
- Assisting with office duties and projects as needed.
- Approach all encounters with employees, customers, and vendors in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL POSSESS:
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment.
- Some understanding of Microsoft Word & Excel is helpful, but willing to train.
- Must have flexible availability to include some Saturdays.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Spanish & English helpful.
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)