Public Sector Sales Rep II - Santa Maria
Uses sales skills and content knowledge to promote and assist with sales and service activities for public sector customers and prospects in a designated Area. Uses a consultative selling approach to retain and expand business with current Waste Management customers. Assists in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with Waste Management's franchise operations in cities, counties, and special districts ensuring that existing, extended, and new contracts are favorable to the Company.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily execute the following duties and responsibilities:
- Manage existing contracts including relationship maintenance, contract terms, service offerings, price increases and extensions
- Maintain and enhance customer relationships and satisfaction through involvement in the community. This includes but is not limited to: attending public functions, City Council/Board meetings and other community events, conducting community educational and informational outreach and working with appropriate media outlets for communication purposes
- Coordinate activities with other Waste Management departments as necessary to deliver on contract and service expectations
- Develop strategies to strengthen/deepen service offerings and wallet share of existing contracts
- Utilize contract management and audit tools to maximize contract value and compliance
- Utilize revenue acceleration tools for existing contract renewals and target pursuits, shaping RFPs and existing contracts to provide value propositions that match customer needs and Waste Management offerings
- Develop community partnerships with elected officials and key community stakeholders that result in positive press coverage and have a beneficial impact on the community and Waste Management
- Provide support and insight on political strategies, activity and needs within a community
- Coordinate, oversee and manage all bid responses, including pricing analysis, reporting and other exhibits as required
- Develop marketing strategies that identify retention and growth opportunities that include supporting strategies, resources and timelines necessary to accomplish goals
- Continue to build skills by participating in on-going training offered by the Company
- This job has no supervisory duties, but may occasionally act as a team lead.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job:
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Associate's Degree (accredited) in Business Administration, Communications, Political Science, Economics, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Three years of relevant work experience government relations, outside sales, public service, or related fields (in addition to education requirement).
- None required
- Negotiation skills and experience with profitability analysis required
- Bid preparation and contract management strongly preferred
- Demonstrated organizational capabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively deliver presentations to small and large groups
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."