Part-Time Transfer Station Attendant
Hood River Garbage, a Waste Connections Company, is looking for a high energy Part-Time Transfer Station Attendant to join the team in Hood River, Oregon. Previous waste experience would be a huge plus!
Schedule will beWednesday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Starting wage is $28.50/HR.
As an employee of Hood River Garbage, you will feel like you’re a part of a tight knit team that works together towards a common goal, making our Customer Service the best in the industry! Can you turn issues into opportunities? Are you looking for a great career with a great company? Our employees are our most important asset and we do everything we can to support their growth and promote a positive culture. If you’re interested in finding out why our employees love working here so much, apply today!
Transfer Station Attendant Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet and direct all customers and employees upon entry of the transfer station.
- Operate forklift, backhoe, and/or front end loader as needed.
- Measure trucks in/out of transfer station and calculate payments for customers.
- Track measurement information in computer system.
- Ensuring that incoming garbage loads are safe and do not contain any inappropriate material.
- Work on your feet outside throughout your shift.
- Perform full clerical and general office duties such as filing paperwork as needed.
- Ensure that customers and employees conduct all business in a safe manner and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at [Register to View] . Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans