THIS IS FOR 3RD SHIFT!
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
Join our Waste Management team, the industry leader since 1971. With over 41,000 proud employees, Waste Management has the largest trucking fleet in the waste industry - over 18,000 trucks, and leads in CNG advancement with the largest fleet of class 8 Natural Gas Vehicles in North America. We offer opportunities in 48 states, the District of Columbia, and Canada.
Tired of just doing preventative maintenance or working only on engines? Are you ready to take the next step and work on equipment that requires a high level of skill - hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics - using modern maintenance practices and technologies? Are you looking for that right opportunity which will allow you to use and be rewarded for your skills and ability, and provide opportunity for growth? Our technicians are trained to provide superior maintenance on both diesel equipment and, at some locations, on our growing fleet of CNG trucks. We care about our technicians safety and show it by demanding solid safety practices of all our technicians and managers. Pride, safety, training, growth, opportunity, great benefits, rewards check us out, we may be the company for you.
I. Job Summary
The Maintenance Mechanic Assistant - IWP is primarily responsible for cleaning, testing and maintaining centrifuges, pumps, augers, piping, mixers and any other mechanical equipment. Also, learning rebuild techniques, preventive and predictive maintenance tasks from a Maintenance Mechanic Sr IWP. The Maintenance Mechanic Assistant - IWP also requires operation of centrifuge technology and/or chemical treatment including Health Safety and Environmental and Safety.
II. Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Ensures Health and Safety is the number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
- Assists or performs mechanical tasks on job site construction, providing coordination and leadership support as required..
- Rebuilds centrifuges, pumps, augers, mixers and any other mechanical equipment.
- Cleans and tests centrifuges, pumps, augers, mixers, and electrical controls.
- Maintain site process equipment.
- Record and report service reports for work preformed
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or GED (accredited)
- Experience: At least 3 months millwright or mechanical experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- TWIC Card
- Forklift Certification
- Basic Plus Safety Training
- OSHA Hazardous Material training a plus
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical and wear respirator
- Must be willing to work outdoors in inclement weather conditions for extended periods in 12 hour shifts.
- Computer proficiency skills to include Microsoft Word and Excel
- Learn to read and understand measurement tools such as dial indicators, micrometers, etc.
- Learn to read and understand P&IDs, electrical schematic, mechanical drawings, etc.
- Learn to use metal tools such as gas torches, welding machines, band saw, etc.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects heavier than 50 pounds frequently;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) frequently;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements frequently;
Normal setting for this job is: maintenance shop. May include field service trips to a refinery or petrochemical complex.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.