Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Have you always wanted a decentralized and open recruiting environment? Are you creative, self-driven, and comfortable interacting at all levels?Waste Connections, Inc. is searching for an experienced Region Recruiter to join our Southern Region Recruiting Team, based out of our Orlando, Florida field office.Who Are We?WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) – We are an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in the U.S. and Canada. We, foster a work culture of Servant Leadership. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.A Day In The Life Of A Waste Connections Regional Recruiter:
- Build relationships with region and district management to assess staffing needs and provide effective solutions.
- Deliver all areas of the recruitment process including sourcing, screening, scheduling, interviewing, assessment, extending offers, and monitoring new hire processes.
- Prepare job descriptions and appropriate interview questions to be used by self and others involved in the recruitment process.
- Conduct thorough behavior based interviews with candidates and coach hiring managers on behavioral interviewing and other selection methods.
- Develop and maintain relationships with recruiting sources including candidates, employees, other recruiters, trade school and college officials, business associations, state job agencies etc. to foster an ongoing pipeline of highly competent and qualified candidates.
- Develop creative recruiting methods or minimize the use of contingency and retained searches.
- Where necessary, manage and coordinate recruitment efforts with vendors and negotiate contacts and fee arrangements.
- Make recommendations to Corporate Human Resources and Regional and District Managers on solutions to specific recruiting and retention challenges as needed.
- Ensure that recruiting and hiring processes comply with Federal and State employment laws and Company policies. Coach and educate internal clients on the importance of following pre-employment and new hire procedures.
- Manage the tracking and documentation of all open positions, candidate applications and requisite metrics of recruiting success.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict confidentiality on matters that require discretion.
- Performing other job related duties as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent experience.
- Ability to travel to assist with career fairs or other hiring events.
Bilingual Proficiency in Spanish & English strongly preferred.