Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Agent, Builders Direct Desk
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
The Builder's Direct Desk Agent provides customer service for the construction department by serving as a point of contact for the customer and acting as liaison between the customer and operations. This position manages inbound calls, sells small contractors, manages all contractor service needs and provides outside sales rep support.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Fields incoming calls for the construction department.
- Acts as lead contact for and liaison to construction customers and operations.
- Works to understand customers' needs, issues and requests.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of customer satisfaction by working with customers, operations, sales and set-up departments to resolve issues including escalated and complex customer service issues.
- Communicates and coordinates with sales and operations departments to ensure follow-up on sales leads, set-ups, missed pick-ups and other customer-related issues.
- Initiates outbound calls to customers to ensure resolution of issues, customer satisfaction and to build loyalty.
- Provides information and education to customers regarding service options, charges and billing questions.
- Other duties as assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
- Experience: Two (2) or more years previous customer service experience (in addition to education requirements).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
General Competencies Include:
- Customer Service
- Build Relationships
- Communicate With Impact
- Demonstrate Professionalism
- Make Sound Decisions
- Think Strategically
- Proficient with Computer and Software Applications
- Produce Results
- Know the Business
- Influence and Negotiate
- Manage Work/Time
- Use Ethical Practices
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."